Family upset that someone keeps shaving a "perfect square" patch in their pet cat's fur

When my ex got his kitten spayed, nobody could resist stroking the velvety patch where the vet shaved her fur to get at her tiny uterus. After it grew back, we seriously thought about shaving her again. Probably some Canadian just fell prey to the same urge.

6 Likes

I actually get those particular problems from deer-hunting adults. :vexed:

But you know nothing in my post said anything about the behavior of anyone else’s children anyway. :slight_smile:

Some cats are amazing killing machines. My little (less than 10 pounds) Delilah wiped out an entire rat colony over the course of one summer. And ate them. Sadly she is the only one of my cats that is a good mouser; most cats, as you noted, are not.

3 Likes

A perfect square, eh? I’m think it’s either the work of Al Jabra or his confederate G. Ometree.

6 Likes

Yeah if you asked my kitties why they don’t bring home dead vermin the reply would be ‘have you seen where those things live?’. Though ours are old and and don’t want to wander any farther than the back yard or immediate neighbors yard where they can sneak under the fence. Since the wetland nearby means there are rats around so any outdoor litter box activity in the yard to mark it as catland is fine by me.

3 Likes

Just yesterday my buddy’s wife called him in a panic about a [feral?] cat that was at-that-moment having its neck broken by one of the family dogs.
Finnegan the Loveable Idiot–1, [feral?] cats–0.

Cats should be kept indoors for all the reasons you (and others) mention, not least of which they shit in people’s gardens, and toxoplasmosis does not go well with green beans.

3 Likes

I’m sorry…are we supposed to be upset about shaved pussy?

I’ll show myself out now, thank you

17 Likes

having a cat that poops in the house (unless it have been trained to use the toilet (they don’t flush though)) is a real none starter for me.

I live on a busy road and would never have a cat as there is a good chance it would get run over, cats kill birds and shit true but still should go out if it’s safe for them.

Out of curiosity, why do you think this is so? The American Humane Society (among many other animal welfare organizations) seems to have a lot of good reasons why they shouldn’t.

1 Like

it starts like this. it starts shaving perfect patches on cats, next thing you know you’re traveling cross-country for horse piss and voting Republican.

12 Likes

all I’m saying is - this family might be wise to invest in a twinkle tush.

6 Likes

Yeah, one sweet, friendly, “loveable idiot” family dog can kill 60 sheep in a single night. I have seen pictures of the carnage. And I have far more scars on my body from unprovoked dog attacks than I have from cats, by a factor of at least ten to one. Clearly dogs should never be allowed outdoors, for any reason. Those bastards attack over 4 million people a year in the USA alone, and do vastly more damage to agriculture and the environment than cats can even dream about.

7 Likes

Probably something the cat is squeezing into that is scraping it closely.

Cats can get up to a lot outside. That doesn’t look like that perfect of a patch. Cat could be chewing it off too, but my guess is that both cats are getting into or onto something that has a slight raise and scrapes them a bit.

1 Like

I wouldn’t argue with you about the US, but it differs internationally.

Our islands used to have so many birds that you could hear the dawn chorus well before making landfall. But European settled New Zealand now has the highest per-capita cat ownership in the world and they’re killing our native birds at a frightening rate. I won’t have a cat here for that reason, but a campaign to reduce the cat population wasn’t at all welcomed by the mad cat people of Aotearoa … :frowning:

3 Likes

Well, it’s kind of the birds’ fault, after all. They shouldn’t have gotten evolutionarily lazy and gave up flight.

1 Like

All I can think of is some OCD engineer, designer, architect, mathematician who just NEEDS that bald spot on the cat to be perfectly square. The poor cat strapped down as he measures it with a protractor and divider.

4 Likes

Yes, but children are different from animals. Only children should be allowed to range free.

The American Humane Society also opposes the eating of horsemeat, so f#@k those classist assholes.

7 Likes

http://www.campbellrivermirror.com/community/208721091.html

If you asked my cats if they’d like to live long or go outdoors, there’s no question they’d be out the door. This time of year I’m jealous of how great a life they lead, snoozing under the bushes, only coming in to eat. They rarely catch birds other than starlings which are invasive pests anyway, and they do get a fair amount of mice, plus once a squirrel.

2 Likes

What the hell someone shoved one of those Donald Trump plugs into their cat?! That ain’t right!

3 Likes