Florida man shot cat that "looked at him like he owned the place"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/01/florida-man-shot-cat-that-lo.html

9 Likes

Sometimes. The rest of the time, it’s “completely disproportionate, unhinged and violent response to an ordinary situation.”

28 Likes

Shooting a cat for looking at you like it owns the place is like shooting a dog for looking at you with puppy dog eyes. It’s what they do.

47 Likes

Isn’t it impossible to “accidentally” shoot anything?

Surely it’s either deliberate or negligence, one way or another?

24 Likes

I think what he meant was that his intent was to scare the car by shooting near it rather than to actually hit the cat. Either way, you’re right. His act was deliberate. Intent may play a role in what he’s charged with. IANAL.

4 Likes

All I wanted to do was get it out in front of my walkway, stop pooping.

Is this man suggesting that cats poop on walkways like dogs? Wow. He’s quick in implementing Donald Trump’s Executive Order du Jour, that the official American language, from now on, will be BS: https://youtu.be/i-4r9XE5EM0?t=317

1 Like

18 Likes

The kind of guy who’s on disability, but looks down on low-wage workers who get SNAP and Medicaid.

16 Likes

Sure it’s possible. You’re playing around with a loaded gun and it goes off when you don’t want it to. However, you would probably consider that more negligent than accidental, and anyone with two brain cells to rub together considers that stupid besides being accidental and/or negligent.

Don’t point a gun at anything you don’t want dead.

If you 1) point a gun at something and 2) pull the trigger, it’s safe to say it wasn’t accidental.

21 Likes

He’s the kind of guy who likes the Affordable Care Act but wants to repeal Obamacare.

25 Likes

I’m gonna guess that alcohol was involved.

7 Likes

It’s Florida. That’s probably a given, but not actually necessary for this level of stupid.

10 Likes

:musical_note: Florida Man, Florida Man shoots a cat with a frying pan. Did he miss? It’s not important. Florida Man. :musical_note:

24 Likes

Apparently, he didn’t get the "Never point a gun at something that you don’t want to destroy."
I suspect that he did mean to shoot the cat, he just got caught this time. And even if he didn’t mean to shoot the cat, in what twisted Florida brain is is reasonable to shoot guns in a neighborhood as a noisemaker?

12 Likes

Reasonable Revisions to the 2nd Amendment #264987:

…being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms [excepting in cases where a party popper would suffice, or even be the safer, more effective choice]…

8 Likes

The murder weapon was a BB gun, so I wouldn’t look too far into that particular Flori-duh-ness. And while that knowledge doesn’t make the situation any better for the dead cat or it’s owner, it’s worth noting that:

"The cat owner said he now has eight cats left after his furry friend went to the bathroom on the wrong man's property."

Better get the big, heavy 1,000 BB box once you’re out of jail, dipshit guy.

3 Likes

here’s an idea - take his gun away.

Now where is bugs bunny sawing off florida?

6 Likes

A BB gun can still cause damage to a child or window, so it’s irresponsible in any case.

My grandpa used to keep a slingshot and a cup of marbles by his back door. They don’t go as far or as fast, so they’re great for getting small mammals away from your garden without endangering your neighbors.

5 Likes

Eh, but you can still kill small things with a sling shot. Not if you hit them in the butt, but in the head.

But even the Dalai Lama uses a BB gun to scare off hawks.

1 Like

This wasn’t a hunting slingshot. We’re talking about something that had a range of about 30 feet maximum. So yes, bad for a squirrel eating your tomatoes, but not for the child 50 feet away in a different back yard.

The guy was a hunter; he had no problems killing animals. He just knew to use the appropriate tool for the job.

6 Likes