Famous horse trainer banned from Britain after sitting on dead horse

Generally sporting authorities will follow each others rulings.

I remember the IRL ruling that Eric Cantona couldn’t avoid his famous football ban by switching sports, after Carlisle RLFC suggested they would be interested in having him play for them.

3 Likes

At least he wasn’t beating it. :neutral_face:

No one said that.

Doesn’t excuse him being an asshole.

5 Likes

Where did this false equivalency / strawman come from?

1 Like

Also in Irish stables

2 Likes

Hmm… if the horse had died on a small farm its carcass would most likely be dragged by a tractor to a place where perhaps a backhoe had dug a deep enough pit and then the bucket would be used to nudge it into the hole, where it would be backfilled. If on a larger spread it might be lifted by a forklift onto a truck and taken to a knackery, where its flesh would wind up in some dog’s dinner and its skin, sinew and cartilage rendered down to become glue. Some people might be outraged by that.
@UnBoingBoing Sorry mate did not realise you had said almost exactly the same thing.

1 Like

It’s not just the “sitting” that’s riled people (including me). It’s the cavalier smile that communicates his attitude toward the dead horse, like it’s just any other day. Says a lot, to me, of what he thinks of creatures he’s responsible for.

5 Likes

You’ll get no argument from me.

1 Like

Only if he’s never ridden a Ford (Found On Road Dead). :wink:

1 Like

It’s implied by the fact that the British government has yet to ban any of their landed gentry for ripping foxes apart. :unamused:

(Still an asshole though.)

ETA, since nobody seems to be able to read between the lines even a little bit. @Sean_Gormley was calling out the British for banning one asshole for one reason (the topic of this article) while failing to ban other assholes for a similar reason, (which act is itself banned in Britain as pointed out by @timd). This double standard simply exists, it was not stated by anyone in this thread (especially not @Mindysan33) or by HRH’s government, (yet anyway, her royalness should be popping in here shortly after tea, it’s all about the timezones, you know how it is).

1 Like

It is banned, not successfully enforced.

2 Likes

Fox hunting is illegal in Britain, though many rural authorities turn a blind eye towards it because that’s what you do towards your “betters”.

However, this article is about an Irish man and in Ireland (both NI and the Republic) it is indeed allowed.

2 Likes

Maybe he mistook it for a donkey, and thought he we just sitting on his ass.

2 Likes

And no one HERE said that that was okay. As far as I’m aware, there is no one from the British government here on the BBS nor does there seem to be anyone advocating for ripping foxes apart.

They’re having to at least be a bit more quiet about it. Back when I was a kid, they’d come parading through the village, and you just had to keep your mouth shut. Since the ban it’s been possible for people to speak out about it, and even in the middle of the Cotswolds, there is a lot of dislike for fox hunting.
To get back on subject, the area also has more than it’s fair share of arsehole racehorse trainers too.

3 Likes

Which is not involved in the ban of Elliott – he is banned from racing by the British Horseracing Authority until the Irish equivalent has completed its investigation.

Basically you are making an equivalence between something which happened and something that (legally) should not. Both you and @Sean_Gormley are using whataboutism.

3 Likes

But not intentionally, thanks for the edjamacation!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.