Idiot soccer hooligan arrested for punching horse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/25/idiot-soccer-hooligan-arrested.html

2 Likes

That’s amateur league compared to what drunk sports fans do here in the states

7 Likes
13 Likes

I’m surprised they didnt charge him for assaulting a police officer unless laws are different for police animals in the UK. At least here in the US dogs and horses are treated as law enforcement so touching or harming them is usually a big deal (as far as i know).

5 Likes

I recall mounted police in the UK (well London, anyway) having the basket hilted batons that looked like swords. I would NOT want to mess with them.

3 Likes

They are going with what they know will work.

10 Likes

At least it wasn’t dead?

2 Likes

I guess his schooling didn’t cover which runs faster, man or horse.

2 Likes

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cDfnQD0ws

2 Likes

These idiots are how the clubs are going to get facial recognition installed, under the guise of keeping them out, but really it will be to track regular fans and use the data to make more money.

3 Likes

Personally, I think the Police are at fault for bringing an animal into an environment full of soccer supporters. It’s asking for trouble. While I’m at it, does anyone think that using cavalry - because that’s what they are - against civilians is an unwarranted and overwhelming use of force? I know these are soccer supporters, but even so.

2 Likes

or
horse%20punch

9 Likes

Didn’t Damon Runyon write a story where somebody punched a horse and stunned it? Not a police horse, but still…

1 Like

Crap. I’m less than a year away from his age and I haven’t punched a police horse. Once again I’m asking myself, “what am I doing with my life?” #riot_goals

6 Likes

a 52 year old adololescant - dude should be sent to his room for 5 years. no watching soccer allowed - no pub.

6 Likes

I doubt it, considering that the all-seater stadium requirement in the Football Spectators Act (1989) still only applies to the Championship and Premier League.

Carlisle United still has terracing (standing areas) for 10,000 people out of a capacity of around 18,000.

@Fred_Cairns, 99% of football suporters are OK, even the ultras, and have no intention of violence. It’s the hooligan minority who are the problem and they get banned from being anywhere near the stadium on match days when they are caught.

3 Likes

Mounted police are used regularly in environments where there’s loads of people, at least the times i’ve personally seen them. My opinion on why they’re used is because they’re imposing and the crowd can easily see where they are and will move out of the way more readily than an officer on foot. Plus i’m sure them having a vantage point above the crowd is desirable too.

3 Likes

The height restriction no longer applies to Hants police apparently.

Not really a riot though.

3 Likes

Sorry but that reasoning sounds to me awfully similar to, “well if she didn’t want to get sexually assaulted she shouldn’t have worn such skimpy clothing,” ie. blaming the victim…

1 Like

Alternatively, he could clean the police stables for six months or so :poop: :poop: :poop:

6 Likes