"Farting Victorians" wallpaper

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/18/farting-victorians-wallpap.html

5 Likes

Someone needs to go all “M.C. Escher” on this.

7 Likes

… I know a couple people that this would make an outstanding gag gift for… (including me!)

Clipboard02
A Victorian with legs in the air, farting upwards? Perhaps an eighteenth-century Frenchwoman seen from behind, her arms thrown upwards in frustration? Maybe a Horta attacking an unspsecting victim? Or simply a one-eyed Lovecraftian horror? Truly, a fine mystery to occupy the mind of the loo-goer.

8 Likes

Yeah. . . they really knew how to let it rip back then.

3 Likes

And really, who among us can say that she has not, at one time or another, wanted to propel herself forward with the power of her flatus whilst wearing a hoop skirt?

5 Likes

That will go well with my medieval wallpaper design

13 Likes

That pun stinks.

1 Like

Or perhaps all deep dream?

As an SF resident, I was expecting farting buildings

Actually, that’s closer to the truth than you’d think… the Victorians were actually obsessed with sex and sexuality (both in terms of defining these things and in some cases acting them out). The victorian as a prude is a bit of a myth:

And famously, Foucault made that argument:

The relevant section is Part I: The other victorians, which gives an overview of that part of the book…

6 Likes

That wallpaper stinks.

4 Likes

zitat-aus-einem-verzagten-arsch-kommt-kein-frohlicher-furz-martin-luther-197151

3 Likes

We have this funky “naked bathers” wallpaper in our basement bathroom:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Excuse me. I’ll be right back. Would someone please put the dog out?

1 Like

giphy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.