Fastest-growing jobs in 2019: solar panel installer, stastistician, wind turbine techs

Jesus Christ, who the fuck designed the graphic? About half of those arrows are unnessessary. Just place the text in the state. There is room. Obviously the east coast is an exeption, but my god…

And Alaska looks weird. Maybe it is right, it just is orientated differently than we usually see on a map.

2 Likes
3 Likes

And the sewage hookups!

5 Likes

And the skirting, electrical hook-ups, NG or propane.

3 Likes

I’d say a big part of the problem is figuring out what a costume attendant is. Until the flurry of posts here, I wasn’t making a connection to film. Obvious in hindsight, but it just didn’t pop into my head.

4 Likes

A ton of films and shows are made here… I mean, literally every day I drive past a set and that’s just in the city of ATL…

And @xkot beat me to it… and yes, we all look awesome!

outkast-fresh-clean

6 Likes

There’s some…

4 Likes

IIRC, doesn’t a lot of the Cartoon Network Adult Swim stuff come from there?

1 Like

Yep, down on Williams Street! Of course starting out, there wasn’t as much need for costumes, since much of their early stuff was animated… Also, I don’t know what percentage of their stuff is done in house vs. contracted out. Astro-base go operated out of NYC (the Venture bros fellas).

But even without Williams Street, there is an insane amount of stuff filmed here. I have a new game now when I watch movies, where I try to figure out where something was filmed. In Black Panther, you can actually see historic Ebneezer in the final scene, and the apartment is at the Wheat Street towers, just across the street on Auburn.

3 Likes

Well, I do declare!
I know that ATL is progressive and has been for quite a long time. I did not know about the rise of the film industry there, though. Good to know!

To be fair, I’d say a big part of the problem is that I’m a raging Philistine. To be fair.

Welp, I’m shopping for tickets. How would a northerner in Hotlanta go about staying so fresh and so clean in the summer, though? I mean…I start sweating when it hits about 68. It’s a concern.

2 Likes

So many potential points of failure, so little accountability, and so many unresolved lawsuits (in my state). You all just summed up why a manufactured or mobile home is not in my future.

4 Likes

Avoid the furs and show some skin!

4 Likes

uhhuh

4 Likes

Add Tornado Bait and Trailer Park Jesus.

Do more mobile home installers mean a resurgence in mobile homes? And wouldn’t that suggest that the job market really isn’t growing all that much?

2 Likes

Less that… more this…

dany-okay

2 Likes

But…?
spiders

1 Like

goetia_girls_bifrons_raquel_welch_cavewoman_succubus_of_faustus_crow

1 Like

But you’re down south now! Maybe Dornish fashions are more your speed…

dorne-fashions

1 Like

That doesn’t look like it offers much protection from the giant spiders. Although, I do hear nice things about Dorn.
dorn

1 Like

Yes and yes. Jobs are there, but they mostly pay minimum wage. I’m bummed that two states in my area have the largest growth in home health aides. There are 55+ mobile home parks for the growing number of people who can’t afford the single family home 55+ communities.

Young people who can’t afford single family homes or expensive apartments ($1800/month for 1BR in the suburbs) are also turning to manufactured and tiny home options. Banks want a certain minimum for foreclosed houses, too. So speculators and flippers seem to be the only ones able to buy them.

3 Likes