FBI dumps all over Trump's Clinton-China hacking distraction

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/30/fbi-dumps-all-over-trumps-cl.html

4 Likes

FBI dumps all over Trump’s Clinton-China hacking distraction

32 Likes

He is presenting alternative facts. You must respect his authority! /s if needed.

3 Likes

His supporters will respond to this with their usual claim that it’s really Deep State contradicting Dear Leader on behalf of their paedophile-in-chief. Then they’ll move on to uncovering the next donut shop chain that’s holding children prisoner in their basements.*

[* disclaimer: no basements have to actually exist]

12 Likes

I want to know where this FBI was right before the election, when they announced that they were looking at more emails.

10 Likes

That’s when Comey was at the wheel, and why his whole boy scout act is so disingenuous.

10 Likes

Hey, it might not have been the Chinese. Might have been somebody sitting on their bed who weighs 400 pounds…

In fact… what if it was 400 pounds of Chinese people?

6 Likes

Obviously no one in the FBI noticed all those “BCC Doug@ChinaCorp.cn” lines in the email headers!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Unfortunately according to the mindset of the ever-growing lunatic right, the fact that the FBI says this is proof it’s fake, since they are part of the “deep state”, so anything they say that contradicts your firmly held conspiracy theories is obviously a red herring.

(oops, @gracchus beat me to it.)

8 Likes

Yes, this is what makes me feel so hopeless about it all. It’s 40% of our population that are experiencing a completely different reality. I don’t know how we recover from that.

8 Likes

I don’t think the percentage is actually that high; way more people are disenfranchised and apathetic, and that’s the main problem.

16 Likes

FiveThirtyEight show his approval rating as holding steady at just over 40% since the end of January. There’s a fairly wide margin of error - it could be as high as ~45%, or as low as ~35% - but 40% is a reasonable wet-finger number.

always ben there joe. “we” ( a loaded term) are in the painful process of recovery

1 Like

My sister, who is not a stupid person, seriously believes that Hillary is personally for the deaths in Benghazi. Pretty easy to see where she gets her ‘news’, but then, she lives in Kansas, a deeply odd state and one that could easily flip if some progressive could figure out how to talk to them.

You’d think that with all the leaks and breaches and failed background checks is this White House they’d have found a better angle for attacking Hillary than “poor operational security.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.