FBI paid 'gray hat' hackers to defeat iPhone security in San Bernardino terrorism case

[Read the post]

3 Likes

I pretty much guessed this was the case…

2 Likes

I bet those guys could hack into the red brick I use to hold my gate open with.

2 Likes

Isn’t there some sort of Millennium Act violation lawsuit that could be tossed their way for shits-n-giggles?

7 Likes

OT: Was there some kind of riot risk or bomb scare? Why is he dressed and loaded for bear? It’s like I live in the Middle East again.

1 Like

I like how you think.

The government doesn’t appear to be very enthusiastic about sharing the security vulnerability with Apple, despite the fact that it places the security of an untold number of Americans at risk.

The irony. The government is in charge of your security, and they will decide how much you get. You hippies and your so-called “Apples” just want the criminals to win.

The method used is likely this one: https://deadhacker.com/2016/03/25/the-terrorists-phone/ It also effects most recent phones. Disclaimer: I wrote this only a few days before news of the cracked phone by FBI came out so it was likely not the source for them.

2 Likes

What if it was an exploit for unlocking a popular car driven by millions of Americans?

A trick for opening the most popular front door lock?

This seems extremely unethical.

They already posses that tool. Several of them.

Or when you are REALLY serious about it:

“Bounty hunters. We don’t need their scum.”
“Yes sir.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.