Feature Suggestion: Instamute Topics from the Main Page

I was just thinking it would be cool if we could swipe left (not necessarily literally) on stuff we’re not interested in on the feed. Right now, if I want to mute a topic, I have to click into it (and sometimes I know I’m not going to read it from the title) and then scroll to the bottom. I just want a more focused Latest feed. I feel like the functionality is already there, it’s just not hooked into the UI in an easy-to-reach way.

2 Likes

Look at the bottom under the bookmark button, that button expands and mute is one of the options.

2 Likes

Oh, I know how to mute a topic, the issue is that it’s a lot of extra clicks to mute a topic that I feel is unnecessary. For instance, let’s say I want to mute all “cute dog” posts (I don’t, but let’s say I do.)

I can tell from reading the topic heading that I don’t want to look at it in the first place, so clicking into the topic and scrolling all the way down ends up being a lot more effort than ignoring it with my eyes. But if there was a way to manipulate the mute option from the main page, I could just go, “boom, boom, boom” and mute everything I don’t want to see very fast. Does that make sense?

EDIT: For that matter, it might be cool to be able to toggle tracking and other functions in the same class from the main page.

1 Like

Your best bet with these sort of feature suggestions is to post them on Discourse’s own instance:

The team over there is very responsive, and you have a good chance of being heard that way. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No, this is not quite true.

1. Enter topic (yes, that part is true)
  2. Select the button near the timeline on the right to mute the topic.

If you are on mobile you’ll need to expand the timeline at the bottom to reach that same button, but you don’t need to scroll to the bottom of the topic in either case.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.