Federal agents seize Menominee hemp crop on Native American tribal land

7 Likes

Apparently, Not that kind of grass.

4 Likes

To me it just looks like someone wants to pad his resume with claims of how much cannabis was seize don his watch. Actual cannibis not needed, just enough lookalike hemp can help win the next DA election.

4 Likes

Why not raid a illegal pot farm off the reservation, say, Colorado? Oh yeah, those are run by white people.

5 Likes

Also, hemp still grows wild in Wisconsin from when it was cultivated as an industrial crop…

1 Like

It doesn’t make you lazy. It takes a lot of effort to cultivate and care for.

1 Like

The DEA had to have been looking pretty hard for it, too. It’s not like there’s a grid of roads for them to just wander down:

Green Bay included in clip to contrast how unpopulated and undeveloped Menominee County is compared to the still-rural areas surrounding it.

3 Likes

While I appreciate the sovereignty violation, the more annoying bit to me is the DEA trying to eek out their last bit of supposed relevance in attacking pot wherever they still feel they can get away with it. They’ve managed to drink they’re own kool-aid to such a degree they’re desperate to enforce their athorit-iy.

5 Likes

Well, some of them do, but you didn’t read the article. It says the ‘weed’ was grown as hemp, just like George Washington used to.

3 Likes

I don’t know, man. It makes me pretty fucking lazy. I haven’t smoked weed in close to a decade, but I used to smoke like it was my job. Put me in a strange place. Tons of great ideas and zero desire to do anything about them. I could clean the shit out of the house though.

That’s the really messed up part, isn’t it? It’s a very well adapted species. It’s not like you have to sacrifice a child to make it spring up. Nature wants it to grow.

2 Likes

I appreciate the cynicism. We’ll see if the local Feds in Oregon (very white) get selective on the Siuslaw. The cynicism is appropriate but taking away one pretext after another has to lead to something, but I don’t yet know if that something will be egalite/fraternite or President Rump.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.