# Federal court: Michigan political maps illegally rigged to 'historical proportions

4 Likes

We did just pass a redistricting proposal last fall, so would that mean the newly redrawn districts get redrawn again later?

And as much as this may be needed, they better not try to take away Rashida Tlaib as my House rep!

4 Likes

The way they did it in PA, SC of PA ordered a neutral arbiter (mathematician from Stanford) to re draw and ungerrymander the state maps. Best outcome you can hope for.

3 Likes

No, the districts as currently drawn are what the lawsuit was about. The ballot initiative was about removing the legislature from the redistricting process.

3 Likes

Ah, thank you. It’s been long enough that I’d forgotten some of the details. Still, I wonder if that has any impact on potential redistricting going forward.

Edit: never mind, I took a quick look at the article, and the ruling orders the legislature to do it. But given the proposal passing, I think a challenge could possibly be made to do it as the voters have demanded.

2 Likes

I expect the Attorney General will file an injunction to allow the ballot measure to move forward.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.