Federal government will allow teenagers to drive 80,000-lb big rigs

I might be biased being a truck driver. A lot of what I do is interpret the intentions of other drivers. If a computer could develop a theory of mind, they could replace most jobs. I tend to think a perfectly controlled environment, all vehicles were self-driving, would be necessary.

3 Likes

I’m not saying it’s a good idea to replace long-haul truckers with self-driving vehicles but a lot of companies are already in the early stages of doing it. I’d be surprised if they aren’t commonplace 30 or 40 years from now.

China in particular seems to be gunning full speed ahead with the tech:

3 Likes

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

2 Likes

There are so many things I don’t know about China. There is lower hanging fruit, warehouse operations, meat processing… It might not be TuSimple.

I only came here to express my love for the image chosen to go with this story. :laughing:

Related:

1 Like

It doesn’t solve anything, but I don’t have a problem with it either. Not everyone should be pushed into an Amazon warehouses or food service which is basically all this country is currently geared for when it comes to non-college, non-military teenage adults.

Not to mention Britain…

fe0a5378d64f575ec13ed719dbeafc12c5fedf2a_2_690x479

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.