Feds raid new NYPD commissioner replacing last one they raided

Originally published at: Feds raid new NYPD commissioner replacing last one they raided

7 Likes

Adams has had the stink of corruption and cronyism on him right from the start. He’s an embarrassment to New Yorkers, most of all to those gullible enough to have voted for him.

17 Likes

Perhaps I’m being unfair; but I suspect that it’s ‘political’ in the sense of “how do you choose which targets to follow up on in a very target rich environment” rather than the sense of “trumped up charges and railroading the innocent”.

There are just so many local police departments, relative to the resources of the FBI, that seeing one crawling with feds suggests some combination of special fed interest and truly exemplary guilt; but it seems rather less likely that the FBI has to resort to just making stuff up because the cops are so stubbornly innocent.

12 Likes

In the primary, anyway. In the general election, the choice was between him and the Trump loving founder of the Guardian Angels. Sort of an inverse Sophie’s Choice, where you’d really like to ditch both of them, but you’re forced to pick one to keep. I’m still not sure how Adams managed to win the Democratic primary that year, though. Andrew Yang being one of the other options didn’t help. Hopefully they put up some better options next year.

4 Likes

Yes. Also, it could be that there is no way to climb to the heights of the NYPD without making a few… compromises on the way.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.