Fellow keeps impressive stone face as he's shoved into a packed subway car

What’s amazing is that despite all this people-cramming those trains are super punctual, never late. Unlike in Berlin, where delays occur whenever the municipal transportation services encounter one of their four arch enemies: spring, summer, fall and winter.
Also, the Japanese know their commuter manners: no eating, no music, no conversations that the whole car can hear (at least the last few times I’ve been there). Remember their “Do It At Home” posters?

2 Likes

It’d be interesting to study the phenomenon of over crowding on trains. It doesn’t really happen on other forms of transport. In the city I live in (in Western Europe) the trains are not as bad as this but they are completely full every morning to the point that everyone is within a couple of inches of someone on all sides. There is capacity for more carriages and I don’t see how it is allowed to carry on. It is extremely unpleasant and I don’t get the train because of it. There are always seats on the bus which passes my house.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.