Film of a 120-sided die bouncing through a forest

I absolutely loved the footage of it rolling but thought there was not enough bouncing. The foam was a little disturbing at first but I appreciate what they were trying to do.

1 Like

Now on Kickstarter! 120 charts for a 120-sided die!
(83… your dagger hits the upper-part of his left thigh.)

4 Likes

“Oh noes, a 1; you fumble,” roll (rollrollrollroll…) “and your errant strike elegantly trims the moustache and beard of the orc in front of you, instead of eviscerating him. You both stop for a moment, stunned at this impossibly maladroit dextrousness.”

5 Likes

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying had colorfull fumble and critical charts-- they were itemized for a d100, though.

1 Like

The general concept of the 10 sided die (called a trapezohedron) could be extended to 200 or more

die

Such a die might be considered impractical because each face would be a long narrow kite shape

but then again the 120 sided die in the OP seems impractical to me already

3 Likes

Disdyakis triacontahedron - wikipedja
“In geometry, a disdyakis triacontahedron, hexakis icosahedron, decakis dodecahedron or kisrhombic triacontahedron is a Catalan solid with 120 faces and the dual to the Archimedean truncated icosidodecahedron. As such it is face uniform but with irregular face polygons.”

Oh, yeah? Easy for you to say, buddy.

Dodecahedron is such a good word.

Wasn’t that the polygon successor to the Pentagon in Snow Crash?

eta: Hm. I think that might have been David Brin’s Kiln People.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.