Finally, new photos of America's spy centers, shot by Trevor Paglen for The Intercept

[Permalink]

I kinda wish someone would go all Tyler Durden on them and blow those all up.

These are all about the violation of human rights, and I don’t like it.

2 Likes

I’m pleased that Google’s context-sensitive Ads served up for this article are all offering me opportunities to buy my very own aerial surveillance UAV.

1 Like
'You are the dead,' repeated the iron voice. 'It was behind the picture,' said the voice. 'Remain exactly where you are. Make no movement until you are ordered.' ... 'And by the way, while we are on the subject, "Here comes a candle to light you to bed, here comes a chopper to chop off your head"!'

I don’t think you’re the first person with that idea, but I am sure there must be some corollary to the Godwin Rule that would be called on me if I went much further with that.

Thanks to the fearless reporting of all those billionaire-but-friend-of-the-people-supported savior-journalists at First Look and The (dun-DUN-DUN-dun) Intercept (!!!), we now have photos of all those nefarious places …which, hmm, we already has, … just not at night!
Scary stuff, I tell ya!
Take that NSA!

Also, http://ohtarzie.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/first-looks-shitty-first-outing/

We’ve… known what those buildings look like for 20 years. Anyone who lives in the DC / MD / VA area knows what those buildings look like and have for years. There’s even a freaking exit from the highway and a shuttle bus downtown from some of them.

That second story is just hype and flashy nighttime photos.

The first one is interesting, but also known. “Oh no, the NSA is involved with assassinations?!” Watch 24, the show starring Keifer Sutherland, and nobody’s surprised about THAT, either.

In fact, while I think this whole thing is atrocious, if you go back in time to when shows like 24 were on, you’d see large scale american support for the fictional CTU’s datagathering, warrantless wiretaps, warrantless detention, torture, kidnapping, false flag operations, drone usage, and citizen assassination. I remember many coworkers griping about how “If CTU were real, we wouldn’t have a terrorist problem anymore.”

Now we fast forward 5-7 years, and guess what? We’ve been doing what CTU did all along, and it’s suddenly a “travesty”?

I know, I’m rambling about a TV show, but that TV show was popular, and the people in washington watched that show too, and listened to what the fans of that show said.

1 Like

Well this is pretty pessimistic, guys. I guess you all prefer CNN or Fox?

No, we just knew all of this before.

For some indeterminate value of “we”.

I certainly did not know that the CIA was using cell phone metadata rather than humint to target suspects. Careful about who you try to speak for.

1 Like

Congratulations on being one of the 10,000! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.