Finns to Trump: We don't rake our forests

Every time you think you have reached peak trump, he out does himself. There is no peak, just everlasting stupid.

19 Likes

Recruit 1: “Are you Finnish yet?”
Recruit 2: “I swear to God if you make that stupid joke ONE MORE TIME…”

16 Likes

moominlolwut?

16 Likes

I’ve been wondering for a while now which is dumber, a box of rocks, a sack of hammers, or Trump?

I’m convinced now that it must be Trump.

10 Likes

In his book “Collapse”, economist Jared Diamond lists five factors that can lead to social decay, including a failure to understand and to prevent causes of environmental damage"

~Chris Hedges - Empire of Illusion (Nation Books; 2010)

8 Likes

As any one who has raked leaves in your yard can tell you - fuuuuccckkk that.

2 Likes

The whole premise of this weird bullshit was Trump seeing firefighters creating fire-breaks on TV and not understanding it. Seeing that as a preventative solution to fires is like seeing firefighters hosing down an area and saying, “Why don’t they prevent fires by constantly spraying everything with water?” It’s the logic of a child. Even worse, when the president of Finland did talk about forest management, Trump must have totally ignored everything he said and replaced it with his child version.

And we’ve currently got a hot, dry wind (causing power lines to smack into trees and set them on fire) and we’ve got a lot of fire-ecology chaparral that very much wants to burn. So it’s not even a great comparison with other Mediterranean climates, necessarily.
But all these little niggles about Trump’s nonsense about forest management pale in comparison to a central problem: the California fires have nothing to do with forest management. They aren’t forest fires. Even in being wrong, he also manages to be irrelevant.

The hammers and rocks will never give you the right answer. Neither will Trump, but he also manages to actively create problems by being wrong in really complex, fractal ways. So yeah.

I’m reminded of his meeting with the leaders of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, where he started berating them for being responsible for the breakup of Yugoslavia. The only way that makes sense is he heard the word “Baltic” and confused it with “Balkan.” Which is, in some contexts, an understandable temporary slip, but this clearly wasn’t that, as this was a meeting with those individual leaders. So he would have to not just fail to know the difference between “Baltic” and “Balkan” but also not actually know anything about any of the countries in either region, even where they’re generally located. That’s actually some impressive ignorance. I’m trying to imagine the responses of those leaders, and their realization of just what a fucking idiot they were dealing with.

18 Likes

As a former NV resident: There’s not enough leaves in the world to cover up all of that sand, filth and sin.

Double zing: Nevada already gets enough California trash as it is though.

4 Likes

A box of rocks and a sack of hammers will occasionally be the right answer, however.

8 Likes

Whereas I can’t think of a single question to which “Trump” is the right answer, except perhaps, “Do we have about 260 pounds of spare biomass to use for composting?”

6 Likes

Hah, yes. Came here for the Moomintroll, did not get disappoint.

4 Likes

Maybe Tump can take note of other ideas from Finland, like Healthcare.

10 Likes

Happy to help!

7 Likes

Also, blaming ‘the Balkans’ for the break up of Yugoslavia is just … lolwut?

Relatedly, I was a third party to a conversation between a Latvian and a baby boomer over the weekend. Despite being directly told several times, the Boomer utterly failed to grasp that the BalticStates are not Slavic. The conversation didn’t go well. Worse, the boomer is in a line of business that occasionally takes them to that part of the world. Fux0ring a BBQ conversation is one thing, but I can’t imagine that sitting down with some Lithuanians and expounding on their Slavic heritage is going to go very well.

6 Likes

I understand that Arto’s penis removal scars itch like hell, but the fact is that Finland has much less forest fires than Sweden, because they use the “raker and mulcher” - machinery after cutting. This material is used in energy production.

Reality has filed a restraining order against him.

7 Likes

So, to whom can the rest of us submit reports that Two Scoops is in violation of that restraining order?

2 Likes

Man, so there is hope!

1 Like
5 Likes

Diplomatrumpacy

1 Like