'And f*ck polar bears in particular.' — the Trump administration, basically

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/07/and-fck-polar-bears-in-particular-the-trump-administration-basically.html

3 Likes

have polar bears ever done anything for donald trump?

i rest my case . . .

15 Likes

The extent and aggressiveness of all this last-minute anti-environmental action conveys not just the impression of the usual GOP sell-out to the extraction industries but outright malice.

17 Likes

Especially given that apparently the oil and gas industry aren’t much interested in drilling there, and although the idea of exploiting the reserve was originally floated, decades ago, as a means of generating substantial funds for the federal government, that’s not even true anymore. There’s literally no good reason to do this.

11 Likes

Polar Bears should definitely do something more for Donald Trump; they can be the Personal Protective Service something on call as far as I’m concerned. Make it happen! Think of the spray tan and McBreakfast savings!

I mean, some will probably get COVID…

7 Likes

They should relocate the polar bears to Trump Tower and Maralago. The air conditioning bill might finally kill him

3 Likes

Whitest thing on the planet and he doesn’t like them?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

20 Likes

The article says " [Photo: [USFWS](http://Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus))]" I was trying to work out how that picture of the Polar Bears was Unsuitable For Work, until I realised it was referencing the US Fish and Wildlife Service. :smiley_cat:

@Tamsin_Bailey Polar Bears have got great hair, the best. It is Cheeto Hair Envy.

For some people that is reason enough. :frowning:

5 Likes

And even the oil and gas industry were interested, the banks that would finance the projects are not (which, at least for some oil and gas companies, might be the underlying reason they aren’t interested, though that’s certainly not the case for all of them).

4 Likes

The fur is white- but the skin is black.

Though I sort of doubt Trump’s knowledge of the natural world extends that far.

5 Likes

Polar Bears are hungry and starving in many cases.

We still have 6 weeks leading up to Jan. 20, and the Trump crew is refusing to yield and evacuate the White House.

Maybe ya’ll see where I’m going with this?

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.