Trump picks former oil lobbyist David Bernhardt to run U.S. Interior Department

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/04/trump-picks-former-oil-lobbyis.html

5 Likes

Well, you can’t say that he doesn’t fit in.

19 Likes

They’re just gonna drill everything they can while Trump’s in power, aren’t they.

Yes. Yes they are.

12 Likes

giphy%20(52)

6 Likes

Over the weekend I binged the excellent Drilled podcast. Although it goes over some things you already knew, it is still illuminating and may make you want to dust off a guillotine.

1 Like

12 Likes

Simply further verification of industries that Trump’s family and friends invest in (and have increased their investments in just prior to Trump’s related market rattling tweets).

5 Likes

No wonder Frump loves Russia. This is exactly how they do things. Even the Wolves in the hen house are saying ‘damn…’.

2 Likes

Chickenpecker loves lobbyists.
Isn’t that a chant at his rallies; “WE LOVE LOBBYISTS,” rinse, lather, and so on…

They’re actually going to confirm a cabinet member? I thought everybody was just “acting” like a cabinet.

5 Likes

“Drain the swamp. . . and fill it with sweet, delicious crude oil!”

3 Likes

I think you mean, profitable, profitable light sweet crude oil.

5 Likes

we live in a cruelly warped world in which The Onion has become real news.

4 Likes

Is it just me or has the “Swamp” gotten swampier since the President started draining it?

1 Like
6 Likes

Yeah, the cake is a lie.

2 Likes

Republican special interests are basically just doing the Supermarket Dash at this point, grabbing everything they can off the shelves and throwing it into the cart with both hands before the timer runs out.

3 Likes

You take away the water, you’re left with concentrated Essence of Swamp.

2 Likes

A fox for every henhouse.

1 Like

Now that the swamp has been drained, the gators are feasting on the dead fish.

1 Like