Fired New York healthcare worker said she'd refuse vaccine even under direct orders from God

this is what soren kierkegaard referred to as the “teleological suspension of the rational.”

8 Likes

“The people that I talk to… I don’t know how to really explain that, but I kind of have to see it for myself.”

And this folks, is the problem.

9 Likes

This, plus the fact that they are virtually never doing “research”. Sitting on the shitter, reading a blog post by a lady who claims COVID is caused by the devil’s spunk*, is exactly the opposite of research.

If the aforementioned Karen were to include a link to her peer-reviewed journal article where she studied the risk-benefit ratio of the vaccine in a double-blinded study, then maybe she might have an excuse.

* Yes, it’s a real thing, I’m not nearly talented enough to imagine something this batshit crazy.

16 Likes

I do. You’re an idiot labouring under the mistaken belief you are smarter than all the doctors and scientists. You had no business being in healthcare, and the world is a better place now that that oversight has been corrected.

I’m so done with the “do your own research” crowd.

31 Likes

MSDS? You mean, another piece of paper written by experts and backed up by extensive data? It’s all hogwash! Ask Niki Manaj’s cousin’s friend if you want the straight truth!

16 Likes

From the article:

“Regretfully, we have had to exit a few hundred employees“

What were you doing inside your employees in the first place?

21 Likes
14 Likes

As someone who may need their services some day, I can honestly say I don’t regret that at all.

16 Likes

Sounds like this is less of a case of real vaccine hesitancy and more of a case of announcing one’s retirement in an attention-getting and lawsuit-adjacent way.

23 Likes

10 Likes

She isn’t a doctor or a nurse or a number of other jobs that actually require health care education. She’s a “technician” which can mean anything, like she got trained how to push the button on the blood pressure cuff. I’m glad she’s outta there because she’s a danger to the people she’s taking care of. But I’m more horrified when it’s a nurse or a doctor that thinks that way.

10 Likes

I am not sure what a patient care technician does, but wouldn’t working through the pandemic caring for patients count as research?

5 Likes

All I keep hearing when antivaxxers speak is a child throwing a tantrum and screaming “you’re not the boss of me!” to whoever will listen.

More and more I’m convinced that the whole antivaxx movement is just about control. People who feel that they have no control in any other part of their life have decided to latch on this one thing as something that they can control.

21 Likes

Her refusal makes even less sense than claiming a ‘religous exemption’: odds are the ‘God’ she’s talking about is one with a consistent record of killing people who say no to it.
Turtles all the way down.

10 Likes

“… I kind of have to see it for myself.”

Could she have been re-assigned to the COVID Ward?

16 Likes

c2709d2bd898faf4

21 Likes

If only there was a way for all those independent researchers to learn from this great post in the coronavirus thread:

35 Likes

Sure, if she were to propose a study with a specific aim and then systematically document her observations, then maybe after being reviewed by people who’ve repeatedly done similar exercises, it could enter the body of research.

3 Likes

I also found this odd - but then I realized the difference is those parents in Marin (ok, I’m assuming here) think not getting an MMR vaccine mostly hurts other people, whereas not getting the COVID vaccine imperils their ability to ski in Tahoe or go to Hawaii. (In full disclosure, I like at least one of those things - but I also got my vaccine the first day I could and got a booster yesterday.)

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing this weekend. Except with the children no one is expected to take them seriously or kow-tow to them. My conclusion is that this may be the first time some of these adults have experienced real consequences of their choices in their whole lives, and they just can’t believe it.

3 Likes