Fired New York healthcare worker said she'd refuse vaccine even under direct orders from God

So many healthcare workers refusing vaccination. Some are saying that this is a bad thing. I say the opposite is true: getting people who deny science, data and medical knowledge as far away from patients as possible is the proper course. I certainly don’t want one of these cretins close to me if I fall sick or suffer an accident.

14 Likes

Wait Charlie is God? That explains so much. He’s burning down the world just to be the wildcard

charlie day wildcard GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

6 Likes

Maybe her god is orange? That would explain a lot.

5 Likes

I’m in the East Bay (come on, D+33 is reactionary by Marin standards!), but your point is dead on. I have to rack my brain to find anyone around here who didn’t go to Hawaii over the summer (we’d just gone in 2019, so there was less pent-up demand)

I’m on Moderna, so no booster for me yet but I got my 2d shot the end of March.

4 Likes

It might explain a lot about the universe if Charlie Brown were God.

6 Likes

So her God is French and into death metal? Honestly, I probably wouldn’t take medical advice from that God either.

2 Likes

To be fair, if god told me to do something, I would politely refuse and immediately book an appointment with a reputable mental health professional.

What’s that, the overwhelming consensus among health professionals is to get the shots? One problem down, now what about this auditory hallucination?

10 Likes

Good. Her refusal means there is more vaccine and healthcare jobs available for others (I’m aware there isn’t a supply issue in 'Murica) and an increased opportunity to have her unwittingly remove herself from the gene pool earlier.

3 Likes

So her trust in “the people I talk to” is greater than her trust in God. Her minister is gonna be pissed to hear that, but I’m guessing she doesn’t talk to him much, either.

7 Likes

well karen – i hope you have done your research on ventilators and gasping for air. because neither man nor god is going to be able to help you at that stage.

2 Likes

Not me. I feel happy someone like this is no longer allowed to work in health care.

If she’s too ignorant to understand how vaccines work, and too stupid to know how to educate herself, she should do something that doesn’t much impact other people. Like stamp collecting. Or staring at the sun.

14 Likes

She wants to speak to God’s manager.

Ultimate Karen Unlocked!

26 Likes

There are millions of potential gods, and a few of them demand strict monotheism. What are the odds?

3 Likes

Somehow I think they might be headed in a different direction…

(Cross-posted from the Continuing Coronavirus thread, because it’s sooo good…)

18 Likes

Wait…

So all of those right wing media mouthpieces and those vaccine denying religious leaders weren’t spitting, but swallowing the devil’s spunk?

I’m supposedly going to hell for not being a Christian, but I can’t even get the devil to show for a BBQ, but he shows up to show them a good time? Not exactly fair is it?

10 Likes

Anti-vax is more popular than Jesus.

original

10 Likes

Government: You need to get vaccinated to work in healthcare.

Right-Wingers: You can’t tell me what to do! I only listen to god!

God: You really need to get vaccinated now.

Right-Wingers: Fuck you, god!

25 Likes

You aren’t my real God!
*Slams door shut and runs off*

33 Likes

Trump got booed when he told a rally to get vaxxed. This thing has taken a life of its own.

18 Likes

Winner, winner, chicken covid dinner.

@PsiPhiGrrrl: Well played!

@Nightflyer: Satan had me at “fucky wucky”. :rofl:

12 Likes