Fired New York healthcare worker said she'd refuse vaccine even under direct orders from God

Recently posted to my wife’s Facebook:

70,000 healthcare workers gave up their jobs rather than take the jab. What does that tell you?

My answer? It tells me over 99% got vaccinated. That’s what it tells me. And if there are a <1% minority who choose to be dicks, we are better of without them.

29 Likes

Unfortunately, life is not fair.

That doesn’t lessen the sense of injustice though.

ETA: Also, it sounds more like he’s having the good time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought his name was Charlie.

2 Likes

I’m kind of annoyed that, as horrible as this woman is, I somehow find the phrase “Sorry, Charlie” immensely charming and almost want to start using it in daily conversation. It makes me think maybe she was a kind of funny, likeable person before the Death Cult stripped away her humanity.

2 Likes

Small problem with that assumption:

1 Like

It was used in a commercial in the US during the 70s at least. For some reason, “Charlie the Tuna” was upset that Chicken of the Sea tuna wouldn’t kill him and stick him in a can. They kept finding him wanting, and told him over and over in the animated ads, “Sorry, Charlie.”

He was, however, good enough to put on their labels. Go figure.

12 Likes

God could come down and say to me, ‘You must take this vaccine.’ And I’d be like, ‘Sorry, Charlie,’“… My research has to tell me it’s safe… I kind of have to see it for myself.”

This reads like she’s a hardcore, militant empiricist, but I’m guessing her definition of research is social media.

When I did a BA in philosophy I never expected to use the words “epistemological crisis” about anything other than a possibly bitter academic argument between competing schools. But now we’re in a true-to-life, hi-def, extreme 3-D epistemological crisis and thousands of people are dying because their definition of ‘where knowledge comes from’ is both deeply held and bat-shit fucking crazy.

15 Likes

So, um… burn the heretic?

5 Likes

In the interest of precision, 70k is roughly 0.32% of all HCW’s. I’m not losing sleep.

25 Likes

If the covidiots understood statistics then they wouldn’t be antivax.

8 Likes

I’m kinda stunned it’s so low a percentage.

2 Likes

“Tucker Carson has to tell me it’s safe.”

7 Likes

Her “research” is listening to Faux News, the Overthrowing American Network - TFG’s favorite, and probably her preacher.

Stupid is as stupid does.

#NeverVoteRepublican
#TaxTheChurches
#ITrustScience
#ProChoice
#ITrustWomen

4 Likes

I imagine her coughing on some stale Marlboro Reds While saying this.

4 Likes

It feels a little too on-the-nose, right?

3 Likes

Humans have a very insidious blind spot: when we find ourselves ideologically bound to a particular idea, even if that idea is causing us harm, we really hunker down with it. When people attempt to challenge that idea, it only polarizes us further that the idea is right and just, even if the idea goes against all the evidence. And clearly, fostering communities of people around a bad idea, surely helps to that end.

3 Likes

This woman is clearly no longer rational. Best to keep her away from patients completely.

That statement is so bonkers as to transcend comprehension.

4 Likes

What a blasphemous idiot.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t even bet on that. I think he got booed by his mob for even suggesting the vaccine might be a good idea.

The mob is a fickle beast and will turn and rend him if he ever stops saying what they want to hear. or if someone even farther along the scale of conspiracy theories outshines him.

5 Likes

Charlie shilled for Starkist brand canned tuna

12 Likes