Fired New York healthcare worker said she'd refuse vaccine even under direct orders from God

7 Likes

Your hypothetical response reminds me of what Kant said Abraham’s attitude should’ve been when God told him to kill Isaac: [paraphrasing] “I can’t know that you’re actually God, but I do know that murdering my son violates the moral law.” And so refusing to do it.

But also I feel this worker’s reaction exposes the insane individualism of contemporary American society. It’s literally nothing more than “I don’t want to and you can’t make me”

10 Likes

“God could come down and say to me, ‘You must take this vaccine.’ And I’d be like, ‘Sorry, Charlie,’” Roses said. “It’s not something that somebody specifically or a specific group has to tell me it’s safe. My research has to tell me it’s safe. The people that I talk to… I don’t know how to really explain that, but I kind of have to see it for myself.”

OK, boomer.

2 Likes

Careful, the whole place is bugged.

2 Likes

I just accidentally reread the headline as, “Fried New York healthcare worker,” and that still makes more sense than the real thing.
(Fried as in burnt out.)

8 Likes

Seriously, what do these people even think the vaccines are going to do to them? There are multiple different vaccines available, developed by multiple pharmaceutical companies in different countries, tested and approved by multiple governments. Surely they can find a vaccine that isn’t evil from among the many choices. And if they really believe that every pharmaceutical company and government on earth is all part of some big conspiracy, why even fight it?

3 Likes

They don’t. They feel stuff. Quite strongly, it would seem.

8 Likes

She would not believe “God”

She would not believe “somebody”

… or “a specific group”

She only believes “people that she talks to”

:confused:

7 Likes

I don’t think doing research means what she thinks it means. Clinical trials=/=youtube and facebonk.

5 Likes

Did this immediately remind anyone else of the fact that perhaps the most famous and heavily discussed “committing what would ordinarily be a profound transgression because god told you to; discuss” story also involved human sacrifice.

It’s like the Binding of Isaac; except that in this case Isaac probably would have been interrupted by a Qanon meme and killed more than just one ram instead.

2 Likes

It’s not like questioning whether the apparition claiming to be God is actually who They say They are. After all if someone asks
GIF by Ghostbusters
you say yes!

3 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.