First cannabis cafe in the US opens today

Before you know it White women will be seeking out Negro and Filipino jazz musicians.

2 Likes

For example, you seem quite taken with the ability to tell people that they can’t go out if they don’t want their clothes to reek of other people’s smoke.

1 Like

The smoking bans in NYC were primarily a labor issue. second hand smoke is annoying for non-smoking patrons, but is a nightmare for employees (and if you’re working in the service sector, you’re probably not rich in career choices). Whether that was a “smokescreen” for busybodies, I don’t know.

Personally, I MUCH prefer THC to alcohol, but I hate second-hand smoke, and weed smoke is intense. Edibles are weird, but I wouldn’t mind people vaping (pending current health concerns). Honestly I would think drinkables would be best (assuming that even works) and would map onto the bar paradigm easiest.

The coffeehouses I visited in Amsterdam deal with this by having a closed-off, well-ventilated room for smoking (where you can still bring food & coffee) with the rest of the coffeehouse smoke-free. I didn’t see any vaping there, but space cakes are very popular.

Where I live now, near Boston, most people seem to smoke either in their car or while walking around. It’s not uncommon to get a huge cloud of pot smoke in your face as some random person walks by on their phone.

3 Likes

Huh? I am not forbading anything man

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.