First time hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird"

JoeyDaPrince has a great expressive face!

Actually the first one I saw was this dude:

But both are great. They both really get off on the guitar solos.

5 Likes

My personal opinion on it is that i’m not particularly a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd but i do enjoy Freebird, it’s a hell of a song (pretty much because the solo is a hell of a ride). I do agree that there are other songs that would be considered better but i don’t think this gentleman in the video is trying to make that judgement as he’s just giving an honest (though somewhat over-the-top-for-the-camera) reaction.

4 Likes

Mainly I feel it could be substantially shorter. But as the saying goes, everyone’s a critic, and I’m no exception.

I also recognize that on YouTube a) over-the-top is part-and-parcel for appealing to the audience and algorithm and b) videos over 10 minutes are more bankable.

1 Like

This one, I assume:

2 Likes

That would be the one. Thanks!

1 Like

Not this one?

This is why it’s a show closer. One last masturbatory spurt at the end of the set and then everyone can pack it up and go home.

Doing some back digging on his past reactions. His introduction to Stevie Ray Vaughan is pretty great.

1 Like

I love the way he’s working through the literal consequences of the lyrics:

“That’s some pimp talk! It’s me that’s to blame, not you. I can’t change. I’m a free bird.”

[at guitar solo at the end] “You see the way he elevated after the break-up?”

2 Likes

Yeah, this guy is my favorite. It was really cool to see him totally fall in love with Pink Floyd, too.

3 Likes

Which one?

1 Like

my young one, have you ever heard “Tales From Topographic Oceans,” by any chance? :wink:

2 Likes

4'33?

“Could have been 1'33 and nothing would have been lost.”

i politely disagree. it was four and a half hours long, and we LIKED IT THAT WAY. : )

2 Likes

(I was talking about John Cage)

1 Like

oh, whoops – gotcha. you went a different direction and i missed it, haha. :grin:

2 Likes

No problem, I was obtuse!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.