Fiverr's new recruiting ad promises to literally work you to death

It’s like self-actualization, but for someone else.

Motivational saying:
“I’m not a slave! I’m a SUPER-SLAVE!”

18 Likes

That ad was kinda lame in comparison to all the attention the company got after Disney cut it’s deal with Pewdiepie

2 Likes

I’m not sure when people began thinking things like this ad publicly, but I find it bizarre. It’s ads like this that make me realize that people really do like the idea of a fascist government.

16 Likes

Poe’s law just killed culture jamming.

13 Likes

There are tons of people working themselves to death right now by themselves and tons of people who need someone to work themselves to death on their behalf. Fiverr just helps to facilitate these two groups of people meeting.

I was just thinking of that article about 4chan and Trump, how the 4chan regulars are losers who chose to wear the tag of loser proudly and create an identity out of it. I guess Fiverr is hoping they can find people who feel similarly about being economically oppressed?

18 Likes

Not the most healthy lunch in the world, but I’ll take it.

13 Likes

And who can be surprised, when the US just got itself an evil doer for president whose rise to fame was facilitated by persistently maligning a thinker.

17 Likes

just DO IT!

6 Likes

It’s the liquid lunch for the generation that fun forgot.

12 Likes

On a nice slice of whole wheat toast.

14 Likes

Oh, so we are back to the good old sharing economy. What fun.

9 Likes

I did the corporate thing for many years, and boy oh boy, do I often miss things like employer-paid health insurance, a retirement plan, the security of a paycheck, and a creative environment to bounce ideas around. On the other hand, I can work sans pants and my dog is my vice president, so there’s perks.

31 Likes

Nah, just pour the grounds in a bowl, add milk and sugar to taste, and eat it like breakfast cereal.

11 Likes

As long as it can be sold under the banner of political affiliation, literally nothing could be injurious enough to be recognised as unjust.

Ah, I misunderstood. Hmmm, let’s see…

OK, so my thought was that half the population are glad to be injured and that all they need is for their conditioning to be activated through cultural cues. I guess fiverrr really is hoping to take advantage of the psychology of a large group of people, who also happen to be economically disenfranchised by the very entities to which they pay their allegiance, one of which would be fiverr.

Perhaps an all powerful, thuggish entity only really needs to flex itself and, as their market research confirms, fully 50% of the population will fawn over them and put Stockholm syndrome to shame whilst they do it.

5 Likes

When did desperation and income insecurity become so glamorous?

15 Likes

I am paid overtime to wear pants.

8 Likes

I’ve never really done the corporate thing, because after 2 years and 2 promotions at kinko’s I looked at climbing that corporate ladder. My personality is unsuited to bureaucracy, even the private-sector kind.

6 Likes

As a current freelancer who used to work in the newspaper business, are you really sure that Fiverr is killing your career and livelihood? I always get the impression that the kind of person who goes to Fiverr was the type who used to go to their nephew, or they would have someone at the newspaper just come up with something for their print ad, a temporary until they got their business cards, y’know…and then what you came up with is on their business cards.

10 Likes

@chgoliz

Nice avatar update, by the way.
I get it.

5 Likes

I started off as a graphic designer and climbed the ladder 'til I was put in charge of my own team and made an executive creative director. I very quickly discovered that my least favorite thing in the world was spending all day in corporate meetings, doing paperwork, balancing budgets, and telling other people to do work while never actually getting to do any myself anymore. I’m far happier actually doing the work and am a crappy team leader.

15 Likes