Flat-Earther's rocket failed again

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/07/flat-earthers-rocket-failed.html

4 Likes

Fleece the rubes for another round of ‘financing’?

38 Likes

Why the hell is he wasting so much effort trying to launch the thing up instead of just pushing it off the edge?

66 Likes

There is a Darwin Award waiting for this guy which is gathering dust.

16 Likes

Hughes’s plans are unclear now.

Stiff upper lip old chap, don’t give up!

5 Likes

Hate to break the news to him, but a slightly more ambitious attempt just succeeded, and NEWSFLASH: Earth is spherical

35 Likes

At his age, he has probably already fathered children and passed on those nutty genes

6 Likes

“Hey Guys! My plan failed, so my unfounded beliefs are still the truth, that’s how the burden of proof works on a flat earth.”

18 Likes

Pfff it’s clearly an prolate spheroid. Any arguments to the contrary are just because of lens distortion.

5 Likes

You don’t have to ride a rocket to be a stuntman!

1 Like

I don’t get the flat-earthers’ endgame nor their “science”.
Do they feel the same way about the moon? Is the earth just a flat, circle? Is there anything on the underside? Do they believe in revolution around the sun?
So many questions

9 Likes

I considered beating on the rocket nozzle from the underneath side.

…But there was nobody handy to hold his beer?

11 Likes

Admit it. This is what you want to see!

18 Likes

Couldn’t he just… get in an airplane? They go about as high as his rocket, plus they almost always work.

24 Likes

I’m guessing that this spherical-Earth denier is more Barnum than Knievel, meaning that self-sabotage of his “rocket” trumps the self-sabotage of his grift.

10 Likes

Watching the launch yesterday and then seeing the images come back from Elon’s Tesla, I thought to myself, “I wonder how the flat Earters are going to pass this off.”

5 Likes

And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

24 Likes

They go a hell of a lot higher. There are buildings he could climb that go higher than his rocket. There are hills higher than his rocket goes.

10 Likes

I think they believe it’s a conspiracy/cover up by the UN, thus their flat earth logo. The “moon” and “sun” are fake and just circle around in the “sky”. If you want to to become enraged and need an excuse to burn your computer, there’s plenty of “100% proof the earth is flat” videos on youtube. If your faith in humanity is strong, you might want to poor yourself a drink before watching any of them.

6 Likes

What if my faith in humanity is tenuous at best?
I still need to know what they think is on the underside…Australia?

8 Likes