Flight returns to terminal after someone on board AirDrops plane crash pictures to all aboard

Probably these guys did it…

4 Likes

Why would looking at a photo of a plane crash trigger a panic? I don’t get it.

They didn’t remove enough people. Anyone who accepts photos from a rando and then freaks out on a plane should IMHO not be on a plane.

They had to say something, I assume, otherwise lots of outraged citizens would have said „you can’t just let them walk“

I doubt that anything will happen here. It‘s a stupid prank, and one shouldn’t exploit people‘s gullibility. But I would assume the case isn’t strong enough to ever go to court.

It’s patently unfair to arrest them considering the in-flight movie:
giphy

1 Like

3 Likes

See? I told you the pilot would turn around if you didn’t behave!

3 Likes

Airdrop is one of the greatest features ever. It’s infuriating that in this day and age the easiest way to send a photo or video from your phone to your computer is still to email it to yourself. Airdrop solves that problem and it works great. I use it at least a few times a day. The default settings are too loose but it’s plainly shown on screen every time you use it how to secure it. You also still have to approve receipt of every file (with a preview so you know what is trying to be sent and from whom) and the range is limited.

5 Likes

Panic might be a bit strong a reaction, but I can totally imagine having some pretty solid concerns if not just myself but everyone seated around me suddenly got a picture of a deadly airplane disaster on our phones. It is very easily interpreted as a threat.
I was trying to think of other examples, and none are an exact match, but imagine you were chaperone on an overnight school trip, all the kids are in the gym or something, and suddenly everyone gets a photo of a bombed out gym with body parts strewn around. I’m pretty sure I’d want to get the kids the hell out of that gym until we figured out what was going on.
It’s kind of like the visual equivalent of phoning in a bomb threat, IMO.

4 Likes

That hardly seems criminal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.