FLINT: Investigators seize technology devices of former GOP governor Rick Snyder and 65 others

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/03/flint-investigators-seize-tec.html

Authorities investigating Flint water crisis seize mobile devices from former Gov. Rick Snyder and 65 other officials.

9 Likes

Rick Snyder and his cronies going to prison for conspiracy, assault, and maybe murder for the deliberate poisoning of Flint would be a very fine thing.

35 Likes

At best, it’s negligent homicide, but I’d take that charge if it means the politicos responsible spend at least a decade behind bars.

23 Likes

I love that people still think rich powerful types are ever going to be held accountable in any meaningful way.

6 Likes

As a Michigan resident, the aftermath of the Flint water system poisoning will be haunting us for an entire generation. 4000 kids now have lead poisoning who wouldn’t otherwise if Flint hadn’t been taken offline from the Detroit water system.

Your cynicism is duly noted. Let those affected reserve a bit of hope that justice may yet be served.

38 Likes

Are there provisions to set aside the decisions of officials who are later proven corrupt? If Snyder was corrupted when it comes to Flint’s water, how can Michigan trust anything else he did?

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s any point - after all this time and after so much investigation, is there anything on these devices? Or even on the cloud?

5 Likes

If Snyder has IT skills like, say Paulie Manafort… loads of stuff.

10 Likes

Does Rob have every Monday off? sweet!

6 Likes

I think that’s one of the reasons the net is being cast so far. If it turns out some subordinate didn’t actually delete all texts/emails to/from Snyder, yet they don’t show up in Snyder’s public disclosure then he will also be arrested for obstruction.

9 Likes

chief of staff Dick Posthumus.

:thinking:

5 Likes

He signed every bit of ALEC drafted legislation that came across his desk. No need to distrust what we didn’t see when what was openly done was so shitty.

@Grey_Devil: That’s his real name and he’s as brain-dead as his name implies.

7 Likes

What’s his wife’s name?

At this pace, in a 100 years when all of Flints’ citizens are dead, they’ll have a solution.

1 Like

People said Fahrenheit 11/9 was a political hackjob, but if this investigation pans out it would partially vindicate the movie IMHO.

2 Likes

Pam. Not very useful for zombie memes, I fear.

They will be held accountable, it’s just a question of whether they will get prison time or the guillotine.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.