Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Hmm, almost seems like there might be a pattern there. But since climate change is a liberal hoax, this can’t be real.

5 Likes

Shhhh! Maybe that viz was created with a lefty Spirograph. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Laugh or cry. I choose laughter whenever possible. I find that more and more rare. :cry:

4 Likes

Two things are causing double trouble for over 400 residents of the island. Heavy ice age glaciers that once weighed down land to the north, caused land around the Chesapeake Bay to rise. Ever since the glaciers receded, the land that was once pushed up has been slowly sinking. On top of that, sea levels are rising, which adds to Tangier’s longtime problems with flooding and erosion.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Gulf states are efffed.

I still do not understand how Doha, right across the Gulf from Iran, considers itself to be the so-called “city of the future”. The entire region will be uninhabitable soon enough.

3 Likes

The wet bulb temperature in New Orleans was 81°F about two hours ago :hot_face:

AWC - METeorological Aerodrome Reports (METARs)

Wet Bulb Calculator

2 Likes

But in their new study, the researchers found that the actual maximum wet-bulb temperature is lower — about 31°C wet-bulb or 87°F at 100% humidity — even for young, healthy subjects. The temperature for older populations, who are more vulnerable to heat, is likely even lower.

Angry Frustration GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

Brownsville Texas is wet bulb 82°

AWC - METeorological Aerodrome Reports (METARs)

2 Likes

Ars talked about this

Climate change has supercharged this summer’s exceptionally brutal heat all around the world—heat waves are generally getting more frequent, more intense, and longer. But they are also getting more humid in some regions, which helps extend high temperatures through daytime peaks and into the night. Such relentless, sticky heat is not just uncomfortable, but sometimes deadly, especially for folks with health conditions like cardiovascular disease.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Answer: Probably not.
Gulf coast mutants need to keep a weather eye out.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Hey if you like surfing…

8 Likes
4 Likes

That’s in Fahrenheit.

A good example of weather vs climate.

4 Likes

I believe it. Here in TJ that feels about right. All I have to do is get up and start moving around and I’m instantly sweating. It feels like Louisiana up in here.

6 Likes

… your wet bulb and dry bulb are both 66°

Tijuana International Airport , Mexico (MMTJ) 32-33N 116-58W
Aug 03, 2023 - 01:46 AM EDT / 2023.08.03 0546 UTC
Wind: from the WSW (250 degrees) at 5 MPH (4 KT):0
Visibility: 7 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: mostly clear
Temperature: 66 F (19 C)
Dew Point: 66 F (19 C)
Relative Humidity: 100%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.02 in. Hg (1016 hPa)
Pressure tendency: 0.02 inches (0.6 hPa) higher than three hours ago
ob: MMTJ 030546Z 25004KT 7SM FEW030 19/19 A3002 RMK SLP158 52006 956 8/500 HZY
cycle: 6
3 Likes

Season 22 Singing GIF by The Voice

And there is also the fact that the interior of my apartment tends to run a few degrees higher than the outside temperature in the summertime. I have sun contact on all sides of my floor.

4 Likes

Here, maybe this will help…

Top 30 Freezing Bath GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

4 Likes