Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

:thinking:

3 Likes

Not following. I would agree that most of the people using the term ‘conservative’ these days really should be saying ‘authoritarian’ or even ‘fascist’, but what made that word stand out for you in an article about which states are going out of their way to over-tax EVs as a form of punishment for being ‘woke’ about the environment?

2 Likes

… oh you know, interfering with the free market, picking winners and losers, raising taxes, all that stuff they’re supposed to be against

Republicans these days seem to be about making liberals cry by any means necessary rather than having any philosophy of their own

The cruelty is their only point anymore

3 Likes
1 Like

Narrator: “Sorry Florida, maybe next time.”

1 Like

NOAA’s US fall temp forecast:

3 Likes

Waves “hi” from the Midwest!

Phew.

5 Likes
3 Likes

There is no way to know what a termination could signify today, given that we are not in an ice age.

This was my thought exactly. We are terminating a not-ice-age into something different and we have no idea where it goes. You know what? I am somehow not reassured…

6 Likes

nq230818

8 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

I’ve been noticing that it’s not just endless heat but also wild temperature swings. I’m watching a CFL game being played in Calgary and they mentioned that it’s currently 8C at the stadium. Last night at this time it was 34C.

Also, while most of the rest of Canada has been experiencing repeated, lengthy heat waves, most of Quebec has been in the 20’s most of the summer.

Winter is going to be interesting.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Fuck…I came here to yell about all the fires happening in British Columbia (and Hawaii and Yellowknife) and now I see massive floods about to happen in the South West. Fun times.

5 Likes

And that’s not all…

5 Likes

BBC News - Canada wildfires: Residents scramble to flee fires in Kelowna and Yellowknife

BBC News - Canada wildfires: British Columbia declares emergency as 15,000 homes told to evacuate

6 Likes
5 Likes