Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

1 Like

A number of the gas pumps didn’t work today in NW Indiana. Apparently it’s a known problem, due to the extreme heat.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This seems much truer to the origin and spirit of the game. The Whole Thing about ye olde golf was that you were hitting the ball around the natural crags and hills of the Scottish coastlands, right? Implementing that idea in other environments would be… kind of awesome, actually.

5 Likes

The only green grass is under our trees. We water once weekly, fairly deeply, for the trees. Still not enough water to let the grass grow much in this heat.

There was another grass fire nearby. Luckily caught early and put out fairly quickly. The cause? Someone burning on their property. We’ve been on red flag alerts for two whole months and some asshat decides they need to burn something.
A wicked part of me hopes they get stiff fines and the fire damaged their stuff before it was put out.

Wow I cannot type this morning

6 Likes
3 Likes

Angry Amy Sedaris GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

6 Likes

5 Likes

NASA Shares First Images from US Pollution-Monitoring Instrument

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-shares-first-images-from-us-pollution-monitoring-instrument

4 Likes

Louisiana is having a bad day…

(To sort of make it on topic, releasing a huge amount of CO2)

3 Likes
3 Likes

Why it took this long :person_shrugging:

5 Likes
3 Likes

… there is no heat, temperature does not exist :crazy_face:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Time to buy a second ac when the season ends. One may not be enough!
And what if the other breaks in +100 degrees heat with high humidity?

2 Likes

i have been saying it here. i know @docosc has also said it, probably you have as well…
this is the hottest summer we have ever experienced.
it may be the coolest summer of the rest of our lives.

2 Likes