Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Yeah. Germany, as one of the countries which should be leading is far to slow (not only in my opinion , but also according to science), but still we are celebrating the steps taken.

8 Likes

… it was Antifa

3 Likes

sadly, these numbers dont mean much in broader terms.

the last 6 months saw an anomaly of at least 1.7°C (seeing the acceleration, this looks like 2°C in 6-10 years from now)

e/

from a peak of 13 Gt co2 around 2007 to 10.5 Gt now or 1983. but 1973 sounds better.

ah? I just see this graphic linked in “according to new data” from where I got the above numbers; doesnt say anything about zero-carbon sources. did I miss something?

e2/ Im sorry, but I get more and more the impression the core of the huffpost-headline

Rich Countries Now Get Half Their Electricity From Zero-Carbon Energy

is misleading, made-up bs.

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

-no comment-

9 Likes
6 Likes

“Joe! Dammit, we gotta reset the chart again!”

4 Likes

It’s not just sea level rise. Coastal cities in the east (particularly) are in trouble.

8 Likes

PR_fig3_timeseries_era5_2t_daily_anomalies_relative_to_preindustrial_1940-2024

PR_fig4_timeseries_era5_sst_daily_60S-60N_1979-2024

Copernicus: February 2024 was globally the warmest on record – Global Sea Surface Temperatures at record high

5 Likes

1.77°C for february; guess the 1.8°C in this graphic is about right then.

4 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

Was just there a few months ago, and can confirm as an eyewitness. Scary, and so sad.

8 Likes

11 Likes

its getting very unreal;

-sigh-

7 Likes
7 Likes

define “catastrophic”; very bitter LOL. try 2050 instead, idiots. or even 2040. or fucking NOW!

3 Likes

AND … they have reset the chart again

7 Likes