Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

9 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

I know Im part of it, but I dont expect silver bullets, nor do I refuse to do anything. thats all.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the “we” in that context was “humanity,” not individuals incorrectly associated with an in group.

6 Likes
12 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

5 Likes

Some practical suggestions to combat/survive climate change:

6 Likes

In news that will get conspiracy loons in a tizzy

6 Likes

Winter makes a comeback

On Wednesday morning most media outlets had some coverage of the inclement weather. After a sunny Easter Monday, with temperatures hitting 17.7 degrees Celsius [63.8°F] in the capital city region, winter returned with a bang on Tuesday evening.

By Wednesday morning there was 10cm [~3.9 inches] of snow on the ground in southern regions, and newsrooms like that of Ostrobothnia-based Ilkka-Pohjalainen were dusting off their use of the word ‘takatalvi’ — a Finnish term used to describe the recurrence of winter conditions during spring.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hufvudstadsbladet notes that in addition to the heavy snows experienced once again this week, the coldest April temperature in almost 50 years was recorded on Wednesday when the thermometer dropped to -34.3 Celsius [-29.74°F] in the village of Tulppio in Savukoski, Finnish Lapland.

4 Likes
7 Likes

15°C is 59°F.

5 Likes

Predictions are a loser’s game, but the likelihood is things will get bad. We still remember Fran here in the Valley. Always a good idea to be ready for ugliness. Afterward is too late to do so.

6 Likes

Yogi Berra — ‘It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.’

8 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

To use a proper metric, thats 0.1829 Wales.

10 Likes

seems like another monthly record for march;

4 Likes