Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

too much (should be none). and lets not forget “ai”. thats a lot of the “internet” part.

3 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/22/atlantic-hurricane-season-forecast-preparation

Hurricane outlooks may be imperfect preparation guides

The big picture: Hurricane forecasters told Axios that even with near record storm numbers possible this season, due mainly to a developing La Niña in the Pacific and record-warm waters in the tropical Atlantic, seasonal outlooks don’t contain much actionable intelligence for the average person.

7 Likes
7 Likes

magenta

8 Likes

Welcome to Australia. Each Fire Danger level has recommended actions to go with it. The recommended actions for Catastrophic if you are still in a dangerous area are “try to find somewhere safe, and pray.”

12 Likes

5 Likes

The water class wars will not be pretty.

10 Likes

developing la nina, the say? cooler pacific, they say?

-sigh-

6 Likes

(Yahoo reprint)

7 Likes

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

7 Likes

Well, there’s good news, and there’s bad news…

6 Likes
8 Likes

Look out, ATL

7 Likes

I mean, it already is booming… but what’s another 300,000 more people. I’m sure that I-285 can take the extra capacity! It’ll be fine! Just FINE!!!

anytime of day on the north end perimeter

I never need to go to the other side of town anywayz… I mean, just my whole family lives over there…

Pedro Pascal Laugh GIF by Golden Globes

7 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

This is a history of how US corporations shifted the burden, blame, and costs of pollution onto the public, while promoting the myth of recycling:

The challenge now is to focus attention and force change on the source of the problem - companies producing plastic and promoting lies about recycling.

9 Likes
10 Likes

We need to make sure 45 never gets the chance, because forecasts will be very important with events like these:

About 1,200 tornadoes hit the US each year, but changes in records and reporting make long-term changes in trends hard to track. The climate increase may be impacting the location of tornadoes. Studies have shown an increase in tornadoes in parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee and Kentucky – the Dixie valley – and a slight decline in the Great Plains, known by some as tornado valley.

6 Likes

I bet trump’s still sore about how stupid he looked using a sharpie to change NOAA’s prediction path for hurricane Dorian

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/politics/trump-sharpie-hurricane-dorian-alabama/index.html

7 Likes