Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Prepare Get Ready GIF by STARZ

7 Likes

I think there is not really anything else to say…

ETA: Another, to my eye easier to analyze, visualization of the same data:

Yeah…

9 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

Um…

There’s a Ghostbusters 2 joke in there somewhere…

7 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

nq240611

6 Likes

we are not Homo economicus but Homo sapiens; our decisions are also guided by emotions.

I get the feeling too many climate-denying CEOs who put profit over people still disagree with that.

there are also very measured campaigns, coming from the oil sector, that try to make us forget. All so that some can get even richer before everything else goes down the drain.

I hope they spend this summer on their yachts…where the orca like to play.

killer whale orca GIF

:smiling_imp:

10 Likes

5 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

@FloridaManJefe, you holding up OK down there?

7 Likes

man, where i am is in a dry hole. the water in the very shallow Florida Bay is hot. the rising temperature plume goes up and literally pushes the storm clouds around to the north amd south of us. my gardens could use a solid soaker for a day! i was just down in Islamorada and they are getting soaked. meanwhile, the 'glades and mainland south florida are flooding.
it is a very strange “rain shadow” effect that keeps the rainfall minimal here.
humid, we got! if we could just wring the sky out, the gardens would be happy!

10 Likes

References to heat domes seem to be increasing in weather forecasts :hot_face:, so it’s important to consider alternatives to keep cool:

Some recent advice from Beau on surviving in extreme heat:

5 Likes

aaaannd… just two hours later, we are getting some strong showers with thunder and lightning! nothing like what teevee is showing of miami and their flooded city streets.
we are still good. we don’t flood here, but other parts of the island will be sandbagging.
the fruit trees need this, badly!

9 Likes

OT/but that chart is a masterpiece, nicely done

7 Likes
4 Likes