Florida man arrested after trying to teach alligator a lesson

Originally published at: Florida man arrested after trying to teach alligator a lesson | Boing Boing

5 Likes

C’mon, Alligator-Loki. You got this.

17 Likes

From the looks of him, I wonder if he’s the one who lost the wrestling match?

14 Likes

The should lock the teacher of the year in with a whole class of alligators.

10 Likes

Back in my day, we learned the three R’s of education, readin’, writin’, and wrastlin’ gators…

10 Likes

You can’t get much more Florida than this story…

13 Likes

17 Likes

William “Bubba” Hodge

Need we say more…

10 Likes

I hope he gets a snappy judgement.

11 Likes

…stolen from a mini golf course?

is that typical? Do mini golf courses typically have alligators on staff?

4 Likes

This is a chain of mini-golf places with gators that kids (or adults) can feed.
and apparently one drunken moron stole a small one to abuse

7 Likes

Yeah, better keep his trap shut.

3 Likes

Based on what he did, it looks like his parents lost the sperm/egg match.

5 Likes

The company is not without blame here - according to their website: “At Congo River Golf, adventure waits at every turn. Grab a pole and step right up to try a gator feeding experience like no other. Each location features an interactive gator exhibit with more than 25 live gators to feed and exclusive photo opportunities. It’s always an adventure at Congo River Golf!”

Apparently he decided to create his own adventure…

https://www.congoriver.com/daytona-beach-experience-the-congo-gators.html

3 Likes

Perhaps the most Florida part of this very Florida story is that they named the chain of miniature golf courses featuring alligators after a country in which nary an alligator shall be found.

5 Likes

Giggle Smile GIF

2 Likes

Only in Florida - I mean, nothing so weird could ever happen in a sane and normal state like Massachusetts, could it? Oh wait…

1 Like

That’s high stakes mini golf. And I thought making the uphill shot past the windmill was hard.

This is the real story! Alligators are normal fair for miniature golf courses in Florida- I don’t think this is common knowledge. I get alligators are common in Florida, but being used as part of mini golf adds a level of danger that I would not expect. Then again Florida Man is the most dangerous creature there, so I should not be too shocked.

Bold text emphasis is mine.

2 Likes

@Tamsin_Bailey
Do I see fake tears?

My bad… wrong reptile…

3 Likes

But, what was ‘Bubba’ trying to teach the alligator? Renaissance drama? Integral calculus? I think the public should be told.

2 Likes