Florida man barely reacts to explosive lightning strike yards away in amusing video

Originally published at: Florida man barely reacts to explosive lightning strike yards away in amusing video | Boing Boing

4 Likes

IIRC Florida has the highest number of people hit by lightning per capita in the US.

I had a strike fairly near me - not so close I could see it - but so close it made me instinctively drop down as I got out of the car. Not that that would have helped :confused:

6 Likes

Florida man never minds that lightening.

7 Likes

Well, but you would have dropped anyway, if it had hit you. Always good to get in a little practice. :grin:

5 Likes

GIF by Giphy QA

12 Likes

That’s tomorrow morning after Taco :taco: Tuesday around my hacienda.

4 Likes

What I found most interesting is that the strike appears to be on or adjacent to the neighbor’s house, then bracketed by two mine-like explosions of earth in the yard. I’m guessing the water meter was hit and the surge was conducted via copper water line, maybe to sprinkler heads or something, which were explosively obliterated.

Just another example of why you should avoid showering/bathing during an electrical storm.

1 Like

When it’s close enough to see, hear, and SMELL all at the same time….you know you’re living in Florida.

1 Like

There’s a lot of lightning research going on in Florida, like at the University of Florida or Florida Institute of Technology, at least until recently…

2 Likes

shooting rockets at thunderclouds”.
oh, boy! sign me up! gotta be more fun than a
chinese hurricane gun.

3 Likes

Oh, he knew, alright; which is why he was in a hurry to go change his pants.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, Florida people are also heroes. Passersby in Florida rush to stop moving car with ill driver - BBC News

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.