Florida man poses as Wu-Tang Clan member to scam fancy hotels out of $300k in free services

Originally published at: Florida man poses as Wu-Tang Clan member to scam fancy hotels out of $300k in free services | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Q: Is Wu-Tang Clan sumtin’ ta fuck wit?

A: No. No it is not.

10 Likes

Wu-Tang membership is regulated by the state?

10 Likes
2 Likes

The state of Wu-Tang, yes.

9 Likes

They got caught when the hotel clerk noticed the city on the billing address was “Shaolin”.

10 Likes

The state should have added a charge of “egregious frontin’.

3 Likes

Barnes-Burpo

That’s one hell of a last name.

3 Likes

The Wu Tang name generator tells me “Florida Man” translates to Wu Me. I love everything about this story and it has lifted my spirits and provided me with a soundtrack for the rest of the day.

3 Likes

Wu got beef; they gon’ bring the ruckus…

3 Likes

Claiming Wu-Tang membership by itself is probably not going to get the attention of the law, but claiming Wu-Tang membership while using stolen credit cards and not paying for literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in hotel and catering fees, limousine rentals and various other services is a pretty good indication that they intended to defraud all those business.

Disclaimer: Not only am I not your lawyer, I am not a lawyer at all. This is no way constitutes legal advice, and any attempt to use it as legal advice voids the warranty. Still legal in 16 states.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.