Florida man steals car, winds up naked in NY chicken coop

Literally just about to paste this link. Glad someone beat me to it.

florida

2 Likes

Did he get his aspect?

Sorry, I’ll get my coat.

2 Likes

I read the transcript.

I then looked through the top Google search results on Boing Boing for posts about “Florida Man.” None included any racial, financial, or other sociological information on Florida Man or report on the state of their mental wellbeing. Most are what the hosts of the podcast consider laughing at humans doing stupid, silly or otherwise outrageous things that cause us to laugh and or shake our heads. One is a kickstarted game that also does the same. I did not read dozens, or even a dozen, but I saw a mix from several of us and felt it indicative enough.

I understand the opinion that picking on “Florida Man” more frequently may be picking on someone who can not get decent mental health care because of Florida’s crisis. I do not think any of these posts are picking on people for being poor or lacking proper health care. They appear to be examples of people behaving Florida.

I will be sensitive to this, however I do not wholly agree with it. I think this casts a wide net and declares Florida Man a poor minority with mental health issues. I disagree with that characterization and believe “Florida Man,” were he to truly exist, would probably be kin to Roseanne Barr and frequently could be as wealthy.

You do not have to be poor to steal an Audi A5 and haul ass across several state lines in it, to end up in naked in a chicken coop. You are not even more likely to do that if poor, you are more likely to be an SNL star. Or a Football team owning creep job.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will be sensitive to it. I do not think we need to exterminate the meme just yet.

So few things bring us joy from Florida.

6 Likes

Having lived in Florida for over a decade, I might add that oftentimes Florida Man can be found attending a state university.

7 Likes

Werewolf?

3 Likes

… or owning a big golf course.

7 Likes
1 Like

Florida man flees coupe for coop and awakes with cock on cock

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.