Florida man test drives a Porsche 2000+ miles, sadly he took a Panamera

[Permalink]

Gotta give him points for consistency.

I really have a lot of trouble navigating this latest boingboing UI. This one is a good example: I click “read the rest” and I just get the same short blurb. I click the title and I get the short blurb. To find the actual story, I have to click the VIA. Why is it so tough to make a clear link to the story?

10 Likes

June 31?

1 Like

It’s an homage to the experience offered by Porsche’s recent industrial design offerings.

6 Likes

He’d probably make a great Porsche salesman - he loves the product, he has the gift of gab, and he’s not very honest.

6 Likes

Stranger with a $100,000 check late on a Friday. Sure, must be good. I suppose greed + stupid makes good salesmen.

From the sound of it the headline could be, “Sadly he took a Porsche.”

2 Likes

OTOH, he wouldn’t have got 2,000 miles in a 911 without it trying to actively kill him.

3 Likes

Yes, but without 2k trapped inside a Panamera, prison might have seemed worse.

1 Like

Untrue. The 911 is the most civilized of automobiles.

3 Likes

It seems like y’all agree…

I Spent A Day Driving a Porsche 911 GT3, And It Was Awesome

And this, ladies and gentlemen, brings us back to why you have to be completely out of your mind to buy a 911 GT3: because you compromise on virtually every aspect of the driving experience, and you spend an enormous amount of money to do so. ... Simple: because the Porsche 911 GT3 one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. ... So would I buy one? Absolutely not.
3 Likes

Right up to the point where the back end overtakes the front one. I’m not saying it’s uncivilized, just brutally unforgiving.

3 Likes

Lift-oversteer is sorta like counter steering a motorcycle or top spin in tennis.

3 Likes

Click on “blog” in the main navigation for the old layout (I prefer it).

Faster than mudshark’s suggestion: http://boingboing.net/page/1

2 Likes

A brand new 911 will have all sorts of stability control, and will only try and kill you if you insist on turning everything off and driving like a nutter, and even then it’s still got ABS and airbags and all sorts to keep you alive.
A 1980’s model however will try and kill you from the moment you start it up, but 1980s Porches were driven by yuppies so that’s understandable.

3 Likes

Yuppies drove 944s, probably because of this.

My neighbour just bought a Carrera 4. I should tell him he bought the wrong 911.

4 just adds weight and more stuff to break. The 2 is stuck to the ground now. You can’t break the rear end free without turning off the Sport Porsche Active Stability Management or “SPASM,” as noted by @phuzz. Tell me they didn’t acronym that with purpose!

Every new model the weight moves a bit forward. Its getting damn near normal. I miss my 356.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.