Florida state representative unwittingly reads “Anita Dick” and “Holden Hiscock” into the record

Originally published at: Florida state representative unwittingly reads "Anita Dick" and "Holden Hiscock" into the record | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

43 Likes

What?

I’m shocked Hugh Jorgan didn’t weigh in.

17 Likes

What about Wilma Fingerdoo?

18 Likes

Dan Gleebitz
Dawn Keebals
Drew Peacock
Herbie Hind
Hugh G. Rection
…and the rest

15 Likes

What a self own. Well done prank people. It shows how “unserious” the right is. Literally no comprehension.

8 Likes

This old-fashioned trickery will be made unnecessary, by the deep fake voice and face stuff. You can make anyone appear to say anything, in their own voice.

7 Likes

No, it doesn’t. A deep fake isn’t in the congressional record. There’s still physicality there that can’t be replicated, not yet.

15 Likes
12 Likes

Republicans quickly ascertained that the prankster responsible for the fake names was a foreign provocateur named “Yuri Van Dummerthanithot.”

14 Likes

What happened to Amanda Reckinwith? Is she still at Dewey Cheatem and Howe?

6 Likes

Or any of the list from Car Talk (and they’re even clean enough for NPR).

9 Likes

the expanse GIF by SYFY

10 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
You owe me a keyboard!!

4 Likes

so juvenile. and so hilarious.

5 Likes

A V proper and ladylike neighbor gave mom some canna plants years ago. She told mom, “They look rather like donkey balls, but the flowers are lovely.” tophat-biggrin

3 Likes

Cool! I haven’t heard from them since the Great Barrington Declaration sign-up. Glad to see that they’re still active!

2 Likes

I’m not seeing the greatness. There’s a big difference between juvenile tr​olling and overt racism.

3 Likes

Are all the plays on western names (above) racism against those races, cultures?
These are puns, not racial epithets IMO. Is Harry Dong racist? Is Hugh Janus racist?

1 Like

Are we really doing this again?

4 Likes