Florida woman says her toilet exploded after a lightning strike

Wow, Tampa Bay, there’s a real opportunity for some art!

Visiting

Open for only six months out of the year, the installation can only be visited by making an advance reservation for an overnight stay in the simple accommodations at the site. Trips to the site consist of a long drive from a scheduled meeting place to a log cabin in the area. The installation is intended to be viewed in isolation or with a very small group of people, so the cabin on the site, in serious disrepair when the project began, was restored to accommodate six people at most. There are two bathrooms, a kitchen and a common room. Camping is not permitted.[2]

Yeah I’ll bet it’s not permitted. Camping in a lightning field would make those storm-chasing folks in Tornado Alley look pretty timid in comparison.

7 Likes

Probably covered by homeowner’s insurance.

You were saying?

2 Likes

Just don’t eat any fruit from the Shitter Thing, m’kay?

2 Likes

Brings a whole new meaning to the term thunderbox

3 Likes

Let me be the first to say- Shit Happens.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link!

I’m a tall dude (6’ 5’’) so whenever I’m out with friends in a lightning storm they steer clear of me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Funnily enough it has the unmistakable aroma of the Trump administration.

1 Like

Aw maaaaaan that’s no way for friends to treat each other!

Maybe just use one of these next time there’s a thunderstorm near you:

(the umbrella, not the hat)

3 Likes

When camping in ME during black fly season, even deet wouldn’t work and they would always swarm my face. One of the locals said it was because they go to the tallest smelling thing.

“Take your hat” they said. “Put it on the end of a stick and hold it a few feet above you.” Problem solved. This is why you always ask advice from people who live wherever you are visiting.

It was funny seeing a cloud of flies 3 feet above me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is fascinating. Thanks for that tip!

Oh yes.

Local knowledge always shortens that painful painful learning curve.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thunderbolts and lightning very, very frightening as loo shatters, embedding porcelain shards in wall

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.