Flowing lava engulfs a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli

[Permalink]

1 Like

I must confess this is the sort of thing I would do if there was an active volcano near to where I live. And if I was a little bored on a sunday afternoon.

3 Likes

It looks like it was taken with a good telephoto lens, so I don’t think it was excessively dangerous. I’m a little disappointed that they opened the can first, I was expecting a ravioli explosion when I clicked on the video. It does look like they left the can at least partially full though, since it spends a long time boiling off after it is engulfed.

16 Likes

I’m disappointed it wasn’t canned tamales.

1 Like

would’ve been much cooler if the can had been full. I wanted to see it burst open in an eruptions of molten ravioli.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. This looked more like an empty can.

Same here, I pictured a spray of ravioly erupting from the lava.

They could do this again, but with a lava lamp.

3 Likes

They could make a small fortune just posting videos of things being consumed by lava.

11 Likes

Mix and match memes - will lava blend?!

7 Likes

As several have stated, the title is inaccurate: this isn’t “a can of chef boyardee ravioli”, it’s an empty chef boyardee ravioli can. Much less interesting (though possibly much safer to film - no exploding can!).

2 Likes

Now I want to go collect the slab of lava and machine it into a sphere with the remnants of a can embedded inside.

(I honestly have no idea if that’s possible, never mind legal, ethical, etc. But man! Lava sphere with can!)

3 Likes

That would be great!

While an exploding can may be dangerous I do wonder if the radius for danger from exploding can is larger than the safe distance from lava.

2 Likes

What about a white hot nickel ball in lava? Which is hotter?

Well, I once gathered some data via a setup that included a can of ravioly (the veggie ones by Maggi), beer, the munchies and a huge bonfire. Extrapolating from this I think that a 5 meter savety radius should do it.
Anyone here from Hawaii with data on lava?

2 Likes

Awwe! Video is down.

Empty can? Booo, Fail.

2 Likes

I have a whole shelf full of “expired” canned vegetables and soups which I will GLADLY mail to Hawaii if someone takes the time to place them in front of a lava flow and film them, one at a time.

I’m serious. I’ll even donate the equivalent amount of new, fresh cans to the Oregon Food Bank.

8 Likes

Somebody from Hawaii, please do this! Pretty please, with sugar on?

4 Likes

What about the safe radius for an exploding can sending chunks of red-hot lava into the air?

2 Likes