Fluorescent, pissing Lenin statue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2014/06/19/fluorescent-pissing-lenin-sta.html

2 Likes

Do all men pee with the thumb facing outwards? If you know they don’t, how do you know? Why do you know?

PS: It’s been worrying me too.

2 Likes

speaking of erecting statues…
He’s not holding it up, he’s holding it down. Do you people have any idea how dangerous Lenin’s penis really is? That guy screwed more people than Tyrion Lannister.

Clearly they need to keep this statue. Anything else would be a disappointment following this.

3 Likes

Overhand grip? Maybe it’s not pee.

I believe there’s a name for this hold, it’s called “Like a boss”

1 Like

This statue contains an extra joke that may not be obvious to non-Poles.

This statue is in Nowa Huta, Poland, a massive steel works the Soviets imposed on arguably Poland’s most beautiful city ( Krakow ).

Poles call these decaying Soviet industrial monstrosities that litter their country

“the Shit of Stalin.”

Adds a whole level of artistic meaning to a statue of Lenin pissing on Poland

( hopefully someone more familiar with Polish culture will craft a better post).

1 Like

I started using that overhand grip on my penis - changed my life, bro. Changed. My. Life.

Seems like a missed opportunity to not have his hand gripping the side of his fly the way the classic Lenin pose has him gripping the edge of his coat, with the other hand gesturing boldly into the future. Great idea, sloppy execution.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.