Flush is a helpful app for locating the nearest public potty

Originally published at: Flush is a helpful app for locating the nearest public potty | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Wasn’t this an idea from the reunion episode of Seinfeld that was made within an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm? It is a great idea.

8 Likes

There are over 200,000 potties in its database.

Who cleans them all?

4 Likes

Finally, an app for which I am the target audience; though I’m disappointed that they didn’t call it “Flushr”.

6 Likes

Prior art:

3 Likes

Spoiler: while I almost never shop* at Walmart, they tend to have clean bathrooms. During the height of Covid-19, we’d take one day road trips to go hiking and this was our go-to for any bathroom stops.

*We once bought some inexpensive blankets at the one in Crescent City when we camped at Prairie Creek. We used them to make our air pads a bit more cushy.

6 Likes

16 Likes

When nature really calls…

7 Likes

Just downloaded the app. They don’t have any of the local libraries.

You also can’t edit at all. No commenting function whatsoever. So if some wise guy adds a bunch of public bathrooms which don’t really exist, no one can do anything about it.

5 Likes

But if you can’t edit, how would a wise guy add bathrooms?

3 Likes

As a connoisseur of the commode, I’ve found that Target out-does (or is that out-doos) Walmart.

Target restrooms are usually in the front of the store and well-marked. Walmart, not so much.

Worst of all is Home Depot, which hides its facilities in the very back of the store.

6 Likes

You can add bathrooms, but you can’t edit or comment on pre-existing database entries.

ETA: Just added my local library’s bathroom. It has to be approved by someone before it’s officially added. So they are vetting somewhat, but I doubt that they really have people physically checking the locations.

6 Likes

There’s a report function that I just used to report a closed local business

2 Likes

I’ll take your word for it, but I can’t find the report function on my iPad.

1 Like

Happy Cakeday, Papasan!!’
:birthday::tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

8 Likes

I hope someone like this Guy…

He was my favorite “character” besides the musicians. I loved when He casually mentioned that he had two kids. One was attending the concert and the other one was in Vietnam. I hope all of them got back home well.

What a cool dad.

2 Likes

'k, so are you SOL if you don’t have an iPhone? Looks like it.

2 Likes

Yes, it would have been nice if that was mentioned at the top of the article.

Where is the public toilet is a similar app that works on android

1 Like

It was.