Flying an Aéroplume, a one-person helium blimp

Originally published at: Flying an Aéroplume, a one-person helium blimp | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Carol Cleveland wore it better.

2 Likes

Budget version:

6 Likes
4 Likes

b68e12fe-01ae-437c-86b2-0bb971fbcdb3_text

10 Likes
6 Likes

So 1000 liters [of helium] lifts a little over a kilogram, and a 70kg human needs around 70,000 litres: very roughly 10,000 normal balloons [linky]

(let’see… 1000 liters/cubic_meter. so that would be about a sphere diameter of 5.1 meters unless my abacus needs recharging)

somehow strapped in prone that-a-way it just seems like particularly vulnerable way to witness one’s wind-blown lacerating demise and/or unavoidable descent into a field of cactus. (“plus looks like a guaranteed stiff neck”)

4 Likes

Is It made and sold by Acme?
Wile E Coyote No GIF by Looney Tunes

6 Likes

“I just flew in from France and boy are my arms tired.

Literally.

Why not some kind of bike pedal apparatus for a propeller, and a simple rudder.

6 Likes

That’s why, when I had this idea, it was in the form of a sort of giant inflatable bobblehead suit. Also my idea was to use hydrogen gas as it’s twice as light and much more sustainable.

3 Likes

The Golden Age of Colonic Irrigation Ballooning.

2 Likes

Since the onset of the pandemic, I salute anyone who is optimistic enough to believe that putting a banner on a YouTube video saying “This is real” is all you need to do

3 Likes

we tried we cried it’s doing something everybody does

2 Likes

€60?! That is totally worth it!
And it’s near Cherbourg so relatively easy to get to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.