YouTuber arrested after tying dog to balloons and letting it float away (dog is OK)

Originally published at: YouTuber arrested after tying dog to balloons and letting it float away (dog is OK) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

After all those idiots with ballons attached to chairs, I really hope this won’t lead to copycats. :pleading_face:

12 Likes

I’m glad there’s no such thing as a gun that shoots chemical castration pellets, because I’d be reeeeeeeally tempted to pick one up and find this idiot.

6 Likes

see? “influencers” are the worst.

13 Likes

I can think of at least one obvious safety measure he did not take.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure the “flying scene” has been faked. That amount of helium isn’t enough to lift a dog. 1 kg of weight requires 956 liters of helium to float. I’m not a dog person but maybe that kind of dog might weigh 2-3 kg.That scene just happens to be filmed besides a tall building so another person must be using a thin line to make the dog float for a while.

5 Likes

Today’s boingboing posts are like a rundown of the worst people in the world and it’s making me anxious and even more loath to ever speak to anyone ever again.

10 Likes

I hope it bites him right in the balloons.

5 Likes

duplidogs

1 Like

I heard John Wick is offering him free skydiving lessons.

3 Likes

You can guess the mindset with the name he’s given the dog, Dollar. As in, “I’m gonna be rich!”

Back To The Future GIF

8 Likes

fine. bring science into it.

3 Likes

Tying it to a thin line and hoisting it up several stories would be only slightly less assholish to the dog.

9 Likes

I believe he made his intentions clear when he named his dog Dollar.

4 Likes

We see the balloon/dog being ham-handedly hoisted right to the 2nd story balcony. They dont even have to be using fishing line, since the line of sight to the balcony is blocked.

2 Likes

I might remind you that the first passengers of the Montgolfier brothers balloon experiments were a chicken a duck and a sheep. “The king proposed to launch two convicted criminals”(wiki).

1 Like

Yeah, pretty sure it’s faked. A few years ago my wife and I had a leftover helium canister from our kid’s birthday party. We wanted to see how many balloons it would take to make a Barbie float away. It took more balloons than that guy had just to get it off the ground.

It would have been better had it been a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage. (See XVIII here. And don’t ever let it be said that a study of Classics doesn’t prepare students for real world problems.]

2 Likes

15. PROPOSITION MAN.

I tell you that you have done as a charmed man in his field, both on the field when the loans done three times?

Love what Google translate does with this.

1 Like

The film Mondo Cane now seems like empty trivial fluff compared to the lunacy these days.

1 Like