Fodor's picks the worst airport in the world: LAX

LHR used to be my main source of cask-strength Bunnahabhain. Other than that, I’ve had too many bad experiences at that airport to have any positive thoughts about it.

After the impending hard Brexit it might become the only place to get vegetables that aren’t turnips

5 Likes

Oh, I’m sure the food hall at Fortnums will be fine. Just get a hamper delivered.

6 Likes

I’ve had too many incidents of my duty free liquor being confiscated by TSA once I arrive back in the US and have to connect to my next flight - in spite of the so-called “approved” TSA sealed bags.

The war on liquids bullshit even extends out to places like Hong Kong and Singapore where they do a secondary screening at the gate for any contraband liquids.

I don’t take the risk of buying any duty free liquids when traveling internationally anymore.

6 Likes

The shop that really confuses me is the luggage shop. At the airport. Every airport.

Do a reasonably large number of people really just turn up everyday all ready to go on a trip with armfuls of clothes and stuff, looking for somewhere to put it all?

5 Likes

Just so you know, you juxtaposed one post trashing the work of a black artist with another that’s a joke at the expense of a poor African country.

Art is trying to teach you.

I’ve actually had to buy a new suitcase at the airport before. During a layover to Heathrow my bag’s handle broke. Not wanting to drag a broken bag around London I bought a new Tumi in the terminal.

Swapped out all my stuff right there on the counter and asked the guy to throw my old suitcase away.

5 Likes

And fun fact: if you end up paying more for the convenience of buying in an airport, most luggage companies will refund the difference if you can prove that buying directly from their website or a regular store would have been cheaper. Save your receipt!

6 Likes

Did not know that. Thanks!

giphy|nullxnull

5 Likes

Uh, I was trashing the work of an “artist”. full stop. I don’t care (and didn’t even know) what color the person is nor did I bring that up at all in the post. Their blackness or whiteness does not affect how I feel about the work itself.

As for the airport and a comment about wifi = if we don’t laugh we cry.
Lighten up, dude.

Next up, on your left, jokes about Switzerland and Jeff Koons.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you can beat Airhaven in Dutchess County, NY. They only do 200 flights a year (mostly Cessnas) but their unique baggage handling makes them simultaneously the best AND the worst! (according to the 2 extant reviews on google…)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.