Follow-up

4 Likes
6 Likes

… I really don’t understand how the Catholic Church can claim to be out of money :confused:

4 Likes

Same way any multinational company can make billions of dollars of trade in a given country, make hundreds of millions of dollars of profit, and post a tax loss.

The Catholic Church has been doing shell companies and international asset transfers since the Crusades.

10 Likes

Army of Duckness invades South Africa.

10 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

IANAL, but dislike the term “involuntary” in that charge. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Hahaha

Archive version: https://archive.ph/Cgein

6 Likes
5 Likes

It’s good he was charged, because this was a horrible decision, but I hope that the people who instituted the locking policy and who installed the lock in the first place get charged as well, and more harshly. In the end, this is a minimum wage worker who over-zealously followed his bosses’ policy putting material goods over human lives.

8 Likes

One of the world’s most prominent blockchain apps looks like being binned

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

The delay reported here is over:

7 Likes

I mean, maybe, but the fine folks at the AV Club are under-estimating our ability to dunk on multiple companies at one time!

9 Likes

There are 12 Republicans in the Oregon Senate. Two are in purple districts that are going blue at a pretty rapid rate. 10 of them are now ineligible for re-election.

There is one who might have a constitutional challenge to the law due to religious/medical reasons (though it is thin, since he’s clearly choosing to walk out on normal business days). The rest are fucked.

They refused to meet with the governor, who has the power to have them arrested and brought to the state capitol by force.

BTW, 68% of Oregonians approved the ballot measure that established the law that sets the threshold for attendance.

7 Likes

Thall Shall Not Bullshit.

9 Likes